Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home issue - I couldn’t find any devices.

jacethesparky

Question

Hi!

I have setup google home and linked my Fibaro Home Center 2, when I asked Google Assistant to talk to Fibaro, a dude speaks out saying "I couldn’t find any devices." Is it because of software version? Do I need to update to the latest 4.153 beta version?

Hello @jacethesparky!

First of all, welcome to our community!

Secondly, this error "I couldn’t find any devices." may be caused be a few things.

Could you at first, reboot your Home Center?

13 minutes ago, jacethesparky said:

Do I need to update to the latest 4.153 beta version?

No you don't. It should work with a bit older versions as well. It's a cloud service and only some bigger HC updates will trigger the cloud changes as well.

hi @jacethesparky, have you tried finding your HC2 first, using exactly "hey google ask fibaro to to list Home Center devices" .. then you get a list you can choose from designated as #1 Serial No. then #2 Serial No. and so on, even with only one HC2 in the network.

Say then "number 1" or one .. Not sure if you've done that step, but then list devices should work.

Or are you say ing you are stuck at finding the HC2 ? IN which case it is likley an authentication issue ?

Cheers,

al.

• Inquirer
  • yes I have and says it has found home centre and lists my home centre but when say 1 or number 1 it says I am unable to select home centre.

Hello, did you find an answer for this issue ? I have the same problem : I wasn’t able to select Home Center. How else can I help you ? Could it be the HC’s language the issue ?

Hi I had the same problem which was intially blamed on authentication, eventually blamed on bandwidth, which was subsequently questioned by someone with more knowledge than me, and then ... and so on :)

Short Story, it's a bit of a makeshift implementation at this stage, and according to some of the posts on the forum by Fibaro, likely to get some love in the next little while.

Till then, I find it easier to make out it hasn't been implemented .. it's less frustrating !

Hopefully it comes ahead in leaps and bounds as I'm sure we'd all like.

Cheers,

al.

Yes I'm stuffing around with the same problem. Google can find the Home Centre but when you say "Number 1" or "1" it says I wasn't able to select Home Centre.

However if you use Google assistant you can turn all lights on and off or degrees thereof using the correct protocol.

So the problem is accessing the home centre individual devices.

I'm sending an email to support.

Alexa on the other hand has been working for some time and seems to be getting better and better with its understanding and implementation.

Interestingly, I had mine working on HCL last week. Clunky but working. Turning lights on off dim etc. Starting scenes. Now... "couldnt find any devices" .  When I list devices, its there, I choose number one but says it cant connect. ???

I cant for the life of me find where I enter the details for Fibaro on assitant for passwords etc. Is this required?

Also Australia

edit to switch on notifications

Has anyone sorted out this problem yet? I've just about had it with HS2! Cant backup, cant use it with google home and limited support from Fibaro.

Also in Australia.

I am also facing this issue with Google Home and fibaro integration. I was also surprised on the integration strategy chosen by Fibaro. For example the broadling integration uses the explicit integration and its usage is very intuitive. Many time "talk to fibaro" itself is not picked up. I need to try many times to get it activated. I tried using different languages (English) but no use.

Also once activated it fails with message "could not find any devices". Many restarts of google home and home center was done with no improvement. 

I chose fibaro because of their competeness and reliability but i see there are better provides who can react to such changes effortlessly. I hope Fibaro will react to this in a more proffessional way.

Hi guys,

Are you sure that you're using exactly the same commands as in here

Please login or register to see this link.

It has often been the case that one word in a phrase was misplaced or forgotten and the whole process was not working properly.

yes I have also same issue i say "One" or "Number 1" and check into event google home/assiastant its pronounce  clear and recognise that number but its result always unable to select HC.

You can try changing the region in your phone to US/UK. Make sure to adhere to all requirements in the FAQ, mainly to the regional ones etc.

i change region but same thing happens

can i use google home with raspberry pi for command HC2?

Okay, then try removing every device from the system, leave only one and see if it'll be able to find it. Maybe cleaning up the network will help.

* "ask Fibaro to list home centre devices"

* got the list

* say "Number 1"

* no joy Fibaro tells "I wasn't able to select Home Centre"

I read on the forum that it could be authentication problem, so only way to get this working for me was to change remote ID login and password to be the same as local login and password on home centre (which is another story since it didn't want to change password).

...Several attempts with different browsers and HC recoveries later...

* "ask Fibaro to list home centre devices"

* got the list

* say "Number 1"

* no joy Fibaro tells "I wasn't able to select Home Centre"

* entered manually "Number 1". Still no joy

* then entered manually "Number 1. HCL-xxxx."

Finally it works!!!!

But smile from my face went out as quickly as it appeared. Current integration is so bad, with continuous replies from Fibaro "which device?" "Which room?", Sometimes it works but most of the time not (but that is another story).

Hi

I'm having the same issues. I can get Google Assistant to list the HC2-xxxxxx but it still tells me "I wasn't able to select Home Centre". I tried to enter "Number 1. HC2-xxxxxx" manually and still tells me "I wasn't able to select Home Centre". Given up on this unless someone can give some advice as to how to sort it out.

Is there any solution? I don't have time to reset my devices and play around with it. First post in this thread is almost 1 year old and no solution from Fibaro. I'm starting to regret buying their stuff for more than €1000. And I was just getting started, bought one of needed four heat controllers etc.

Edited by paranormaalne

Did anyon find any solution ? I said whole name "Number 1. HC2-xxxxxx". And It changed it's stupid excuse from "I couldn't find any devices" to "I had a problem loading Your setup names". I restarted HC, then removed RGBW controllers, and added them again (All names in english). Basically I tried everything here.....

After manually entering (instead of voice command i typed the response in Google Assistant dialog "Number 1. HCL-xxxx.") same problem: "I had a problem loading Your setup names".

Same problem, any help from Fibaro for this case. I opened 2 support tickets from 1 year or more.