Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Check if you put the battery in a correct manner (and not upside-down).

harrytasker

Question

So whats the correct way? Apparently not upside-down... Says nowhere in the instructions how to put the battery in. No indication on device either....

Besides that, i have the Button for 1 week now and it stopped working already :(

Tried to reset it, but now it seems impossible to add it again to the network. Tried everything so far suggested in this forum, but no go.

I'll be ordering some spare batteries, but i can't believe battery already died after 1 week of usage....

Edited by harrytasker

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • So today i received a few new fresh batteries and i put them in. And it's working again :).....At least i got the button added again.

But now i am getting first: Transfer OK then quickly after: Transfer Failed error!

First i always could see how many clicks i did on the button, but that doesn't seem to work anymore too.

I did a reset as u suggested and got this notification: ID 200: No report was received for parameter 10. The device might not have this parameter.

Anyway, i did some more testing. Sometimes it does register the clicks, but most of the time not. I have the feeling it loses power somehow after several clicks; mechanical problem?

Any suggestions, much appreciated!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by harrytasker
    Not working.... added screenshots

Hi @harrytasker!

Thanks for asking, this video should help with the battery position.

13 hours ago, harrytasker said:

Tried to reset it, but now it seems impossible to add it again to the network. Tried everything so far suggested in this forum, but no go.

Did you reset it accordingly to the procedure below? So you basically click it 6 times and the last time is prolonged to at least 5 seconds.

Reset procedure allows to restore the device back to its factory settings, which means all information about the Z-Wave controller and user configuration will be deleted. In order to reset the device:

1. Click the Button exactly five times.
    2. Press and hold the Button for at least 5 seconds.

13 hours ago, harrytasker said:

I'll be ordering some spare batteries, but i can't believe battery already died after 1 week of usage....

Just a side note, the number of associations influences the battery life.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Tried resetting before and once again as you suggested but still nothing. I will receive some fresh batteries tomorrow so i can try again.

• Like 1