Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGBS-001 Doorbell - Input Requires Long Press After Update

Veldkornet

Question

Hey guys,

I have a a bit of an annoying problem. So I have the Universal Binary Sensor as a doorbell, connected as shown below, with an Athom Homey as the main controller. 

Setup -> 

Please login or register to see this link.

Right, so everything was working perfectly, but then the controller got its firmware for its ZWave chip (Sigma ZM5304) upgraded (to v6.01 it looks like), and now my doorbell has gone a bit crazy. 

So now, if I push the doorbell button, the bell might work (1% chance) but most of the time nothing happens. However, if I push and hold the button for 5 seconds, the input does change to closed and the doorbell rings. I can reproduce this 100% of the time. 

When I just push the button “normally”, I can see in the logs that it generates ZWave traffic, but the input is never shown as closed, hence the doorbell never rings. 

I understand that maybe maybe not everyone is familiar with Homey or could provide input from that side, but maybe you’ve come across similar problems on other platforms which sound like this. 

The doorbell is something quite annoying to have stop working... so I’m trying all my options here. 

Of course, I can’t expect people to push and hold down the door button for 5 seconds. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Firmware version of the UBS is 4104

Edited by Veldkornet

5 answers to this question

so you updated the homey and now it's not working anymore.

there are chips that can make a long pulse out of a short one,.

Even with Fibaro controller, i needed more than 1 sec press to get info about press. Maybe Universal sensr 2 aka Smart implant, will be better in this way.

I tested it with wireless keypad with own gateway and dry contact output.

15 hours ago, akatar said:

@jakub.jezek the implant is complete something else as the ubs, ubs senses inputs, implant creates outputs.

True, it is not just sensor anymore. But it still has binary inputs, which could be used for such use case.

But for me it is still universal sensor (can connect everything to it), with some switchable output capability (probably open collector output). I call it UBS-2, since it could be used for same use cases as UBS-1, with some additional features, that i know about (cannot tell sorry).

You are asking this in the forum for the UBS, but you clearly indicate that all these issues started after the Homey got a firmware update. I think you need to ask this question in a Homey forum. They obviously fucked something up.