Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Include in Z-Wave network possible with only power cables attached?

kintrupf

Question

Hi,

I recently got a used Roller Shutter 2 to try it out. Before wiring it to the switch and motor I wanted to check it and include it into my Z-Wave network.
I attached the two power wires to the N and L port of the device, plugged the cable into a socket near my Z-Wave controller and tried to initiate the inclusion process, but to no avail.
Resetting the device as documented in the manual does not seem to work either, the device appears to be completely "dead" :(

So my question is: should the Roller Shutter 2 work with only the power cables attached or do I need to attach ALL wires before I can include it into my Z-Wave network?
Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Hi @kintrupf ,

I just included and excluded two Roller Shutter 2 (FGR-222) with wires only in N and L terminals. Everything worked at 100%.

I would recommend to doublecheck if its correctly connected (i'm paranoid about wirings) and if 230V is presented there (measureable by voltmeter). Then i would do exclusion (i do not trust even new unpacked devices) and then run inclusion.

If it's not work i would check if exclusion and inclusion works on controller by excluding and including a non-essential piece of HW. I have wall plug for that laying arround. By that you could exclude Home Center as possible suspect.

Regards,

Jakub

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your answer Jakub,

that's excactly what I did. I attached the wires to L and N, plugged the cable into a wall socket and measured with a voltmeter that there was indeed some juice flowing.

I then tried to factory reset the Roller Shutter according to the manual by pressing the small button for at least 14 seconds, at which point the small LED should have lit up (which it didn't do).
    Any attempts to include the device also failed. The device was never detected by my controller, although it should have been in inclusion mode.
    So I have to assume that the device is really dead and I have to return it ;(

Regards,
    Frank

@kintrupf , it could be faulty. About that 14 sec press. Can you make trople-click instead, if you did not tried that?

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

@kintrupf , it could be faulty. About that 14 sec press. Can you make trople-click instead, if you did not tried that?

I did try the triple-click. The manual says this is one of tow ways to start the inclusion process, so of course I tried it :>

Ok, then if other devices can be added to Z-Wave network, then you have faulty module.

• Inquirer
  • On 28.3.2018 at 12:15 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Ok, then if other devices can be added to Z-Wave network, then you have faulty module.

Got a new one, attached only N and L wires, inclusion worked on the first try.
    So the original device was indeed faulty!

Thanks for your help!