Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Using GPS position Scene

Veki

Question

I trying to make the Scene that will "set" the GV to Yes when I leave the Home, and "reset" GV when I approaching Home.

For now I manage to get first part, but second part not working. Can someone with more experience help me.

Thanks, 

Vedran

Please login or register to see this code.

3 answers to this question

Hi!

drop it! this functionality is not accurately color to how it is in real life :)

If you trying to search by forum you can understand what people used pinging / nmap / tcp utils for tracking mobile devices, but I haven't seen any solution with native functionality. 

alas.

Edited by 10der

Hi.

A tried to do something similar to this here in Brazil. There is absolutly no accuracy, sometimes my distance from the HS2 is correct (few meters) after an hour, the distance shown is 6.000 Km.

The information I got (I don´t know if this is real) is that the GPS server in Poland, loss information when the device is in Brazil. For me this is no sense...

Anyway... I forgot to use the fibaro geofence, because it is absolutly  instable.

I am trying to use geofence using IFTTT....

Regards

The only solution that is considered "usable" is by using BLE.

hardware range detection and size of your area determines the feasibility of above solution.  Mine is working accurately at the moment.