Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa with limited User possible?

kroeatschge

Question

Hello community,

I’m trying to connect an echo dot to HC2. 

As the dot belongs to one of my kids I’d like to give him access to the devices in his room only.

therefore i’ve setup a user with limited access to specific modules in HC2. 

How can I now add the limited user to the Alexa Skill?

I have to use a Fibaro ID user in the skill. But there I only have the main admin connected to my hc2. It’s not possible to connect multiple Fibaro IDs with the same HC2. 

So is Alexa an all or nothing option only?

br Kro

6 answers to this question

Guest fat

I use the HA Bridge with Alexa and I have a separate account just for Alexa as I didn't want to use admin credentials for security purposes

Guest fat

Yes you will need a Raspberry Pi/NAS/Windows machine that is always running. I use an Intel NUC running a Windows 10 

I don't know if this only works in Australia but some smartie has created this simple bridge and I've found that this works well: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Also in the last HC2 update it said they are dropping Lili support and I'd be hoping for native Alexa / googlehome support but who knows when that will be :'(

• Inquirer
  • This renders the Alexa integration useless for me.

I understand that some people simple want to have access to everything. I personaly would like to restrict access.

E.g no access to heating or door locks. Can't have alexa open the door or shut down the boiler just because of some missunderstanding.

I'm not in the mood to go the hardware way and add additional systems. I'll wait and see

thanks and BR  - kro

On 4/4/2018 at 1:11 PM, Scott said:

I don't know if this only works in Australia but some smartie has created this simple bridge and I've found that this works well: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Also in the last HC2 update it said they are dropping Lili support and I'd be hoping for native Alexa / googlehome support but who knows when that will be :'(

The devise that smarthome are selling is a raspberry pi pre loaded with HA Bridge software