Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

IBICO

Question

Anyone used these for more then temperature and door bell yet?   The 1-wire techonolgy could be applied for more then temperature, so it should be possible in theory to have other input with 1-wire.

I was looking for sound sensor for my Fibaro HC2 and came across the UBS. I am not good in programming, so need to find someone that have done projects and want to share.

It would be great to have light sensor, sound, PIR and other trough the 1-wire.

I also found some paper about someone having a thesis in medical engineering about simulation of 1-wire sensors. The aim of this project is to program the microprocessor (Arduino) by using Arduino
programming language to work as a temperature sensor type DS18B20 and also as a slave on the 1-Wire bus system.

If you could get an Arduino to simulate 1-wire then the potensial could be huge in implementing things to the Fibaro.

9 answers to this question

hi!

as I know FIBARO fgbs-001 designed only for a 1-wire temperature sensor (DS18B20) and if you trying to connect 1-wire humidity sensors like a DS2438 you can still see in UI sensor for temperature and my guess you will see humidity in Celsium :)

If you want to have the arduino flexibility and the z-wave connectivity you should also look into the z-uno (

Please login or register to see this link.

). Some example project included on the site. You have full flexibility, program it though the regular arduino IDE and it can handle in total 10 z-wave devices/sensors (input and/or output). Neat device and works well!

I use it as a door/window sensor - open/close for the Alarm

2 hours ago, 10der said:

as I know FIBARO fgbs-001 designed only for a 1-wire temperature sensor (DS18B20)

Correct!

1 hour ago, ReneNL said:

If you want to have the arduino flexibility and the z-wave connectivity you should also look into the z-uno (

).

I agree. This is the only product that could do what @IBICO asks. But as he says he does not want to program, that won't work. He could try to ask for help on their forum. Mayby someone wants to do a (paid) project for him:

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, samuel said:

I use it as a door/window sensor - open/close for the Alarm

So only option is to have something trigger the input on the UBS? Is it easy to make the input behave differently? So if I would have a PIR connected, then I could have it behave like a switch and make scenes with it?

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, petergebruers said:

Correct!

I agree. This is the only product that could do what @IBICO asks. But as he says he does not want to program, that won't work. He could try to ask for help on their forum. Mayby someone wants to do a (paid) project for him:

How about some ultrasonic sensor wit 1-wire output for human detection and have that be an input on the 1-wire bus for UBS.Just let it be detected as temperature measurement. and then set the system to trigger on different "temperature" but in reality it is what distance the sensor got from an object. Then I could set a scene that if temp = 28 then light 1,2,3 = on.

I even could triangulate if I have a sensor in each corner of the room

I bet you can do that. Seems like a fun project for a student.

I do some hobby MCU stuff (arduino, ESP32, STC mcu's) and I can program a Z-Uno, so if I wanted to interface an ultrasonic sensor, I would find a way to do that with any kind of device... Maybe analog, maybe serial, one-wire or I2C...

But if you were to ask me: "can I emulate an ultransonic sensor as a 1-wire device" then I would say: "no, I cannot and do not want to know how to do that either".  ;) Because it would not be something I could re-use. And learning to program a Z-Uno, opens a new world. Plus, I can re-use and build on that knowledge.

This forum has a large community, maybe someone else can take the challenge. :)

Edited by petergebruers

Hi

I'm using one binary sensor as a garage door and gate sensor with two contactors, and another one for receiving status from my old alarm system - one input for detecting if alarm is armed,  another input for detecting if alarm was triggered.  

I'm also planning to connect next binary  sensor for main door, one input for door open/close (contactor) and another one for door lock to detect if I forget lock the door,  and after detecting that I've armed alarm it will inform me about not locked door. 

What’s the physical setup for your garage door? Is the UBS simply accepting an input. From a reed switch or something and then inputting to FIBARO? How are you actually controlling the open close on the door and what’s the purpose of the contractor you mentioned for the door?