Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Controlling a Sliding Gate

btpearso

Help!

i have a Gate motor, three wires, we also have a magnetic switch with three wires, there is a magnet at either end of the gate to report open or closed.

we can get Fibaro to open and close the gate based on time, but it doesn't stop if it hits either magnetic switch, it sometimes goes into reverse. It also looses track of whether the gate is open or closed.

What is the best way to set up a motorized sliding gate with position sensors? are there any diagrams i cant find anything clear that works.

Thanks

As @Sjekke mentioned you can use a Fibaro Roller/Shutter module. This module measures the power consumption and detects if the Gate motor has reached the final open/close position.

I have a double porch and both are controlled by Fibaro Roller / Shutter modules. They always give a actual status about open / close / half opened or what else.

Your  magnetic switch can be connected to a Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor and then will provide an extra control about the open / closed status; but this is only optional and not really needed.

• 1 month later...

So anyone here who actually implemented this successfully? I would like to get my gate and garage door into the my smart home using Fibaro. So the roller/shutter module can do the trick? Does anyone having schema how to connect it? I have motors from Hormann.

Thx.

Tomas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all automation fans :)

i have time to jump back after quite long time (family, work, other priorities). I dropped question to one of the smart automation companies and consulted very basics with them on the topic of using fibaro brand roller shuters or similiar to integrate.

For garage door motors and similiar devices you must use potential free output contact (dry contact). As i am informed now, Fibaro itself does not sell this type. I am not 100% sure if FIbaro roller shutter can or cannot handle this use case. Have never seen step-by-step guide.

I got tip for the Qubino flush 1D relay (GOAEZMNHND1).

You can use 24V or 230V (consider your country local parameters) as input to Qubino.

Route Qubino output to garage door control unit input of remote control. Refer to you garage door opener user manual.

PS: will try to jump back on this as soon as temperatures will go higher and my calnder will clean a bit :)

Hi @Tomas Doubek ,

I do use Fibaro 

Please login or register to see this link.

to control my sliding gate and garage door openers. I just checked and they are still produced and can be purchased in every better domotica store. Both of them have potential free relay contacts.

Check here: 

Please login or register to see this link.