Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Stuck at "Starting Services", HC2 4.170

chapa

Question

Hello Community,

Recently, I updated my HC2 from 4.160 to 4.170.

Today, HC2 stopped responding to zwave sensors, I was able to login to web interface and see that.
CPU and Memory were all fine, even I think CPU was a little bit calm than usual.

As usual in such a case of "block", I went to Configuration and clicked Restart.
Unfortunately, my HC2 never come back operational.
Tried restarting it several times, every time same, stuck at "Starting Services".

I see HC2 is responding to ping.
Also I observe continuous z-wave led flashing first 4-5 minutes after restart.
Than only the three right led stay on.

After 4.16->4.17 update, I had added few Fibaro Door/Window 2, configuring other old devices, also.
Also upgraded a few Heat Controllers to 4.3 firmware (was pain).

I am not sure if it was before or after the update, but I also added around 10 Fibaro Roller Shutter 2.
The setup was working fine for around a week since now.

I have around 50 physical devices, mostly Fibaro ones. A few VDs and Scenes (being there since 4.14)

Does anyone has any suggestions apart from reset and restore procedures?

Can it be ZWave Services (or soem other system ones) refuse to start due to some reason and the UI also waiting upon them, staying at "Starting Services"?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Had the same case from with 4.560, sometimes its stuck at Starting Services, sometimes its not, but usually its stuck there.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, raffsa said:

Hello, I have the same. Again, I previously regained it by recovery. Now I have reported to the support because it's a thicker case. Here are the screenshots of errors.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

How i can fix this problem???

Great, now i can join the club of unsatisfied customers. Exactly the same problem here.

Was hesitating of doing the update, because i have no time or desire of having to deal with update issues, but some things were also not working as they should, so i went ahead with it anyway.

I don't understand that a problem like this that has already been reported for 2 years is still not taken care of by Fibaro support??

Very very disappointed i must say!!

Turning the device off for more than 30 minutes didn't help.

I see al lights on the device coming up, then suddenly they all go out en only 3 are continuously on with the result: "starting services"

Fibaro support, please help us with a decent solution!!

I'm encountering the same problem. It stuck at "Starting services".

Anyone know how to repair correctly?

A possibility could be to "Repair from file". Anyone know how to perform this? Is there any package of files to upload to the HC2 in order to correctly complete the repair?

12 minutes ago, Gianluca said:

A possibility could be to "Repair from file". Anyone know how to perform this?

My memory is rusty and my HC2 is not powered on, but this post confirms that "recovery mode" has a "repair from file" option. And @tinman also lists the URLs to download files.

Hello,

Anyone had a solution to that problem? I'm also sticking at starting services. After trying to reboot without recovery stick,I couldn't enter recovery also. Super sad...