Motion to turn lights on for 15 mins

Question

Hello All :)

Ok i have a bathroom fibaro motion sensor where i need to turn on the lights when it is triggered for 15 mins and then they have to be turned off automatically

The problem is here, everytime the motion is triggered the timer will start again. And this seems causing a lot of delays in the Fibaro HC2

I have checked we have a parameter calls "blind time" but you can set it to 8 seconds MAX

The solution i have in mind to run a scene that when the motion is armed and triggered > turn on light and change sensor to disarm > after 15 mins > change it to arm and turn off lights

What do you think?

Edited by Smartelite

4 answers to this question

In your case I'll look for a more dynamic scenario. I will decrease the time to 5 minutes and if motion is detected again, it will reset timer and count 5 minutes again. So you will get less power consumption and better user experience (wife mode takes more than 15 minutes in bathroom).

:)

Thanks for the reply

but it looks like for a big hours with like 4 scenes like this will consume alot from the HC2 resources. I mean timers causing delays while trying to control other devices

You can use the Auto off function in the microswitch, then the the light will turn off after 15min. You can have a scene that is triggered by the motion sensor or you associate the motor sensor and the microswitch so that they in fact work together without using the Home Center. I have this solution working in at bathroom myself and it works very well. You can still activate/deactive the switch through a scene, but the lights will turn off after the set time.