Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem Manual scene activate lights motion sensors

Mandala1

Question

I am a beginner, but despite that I feel like an idiot.

Can't get a scene to work that should be straight forward.

I wanted to have a Manual scene that i turn on when I leave the house, see picture.

The idea is that if either of the two motion sensors are breached, the scene that turns on the lamps should be run.

The problem is that as soon as I run this scene the lamps go on.

In other words, the scene seems to ignore the conditions with the motion sensors.

I have even tried to put different conditions, e.g. motion sensors=armed and motion sensors=disarmed. It does not seem to matter what I put, the scene that lights all lamps is run anyway.

If I turn the scene to automatic it works - then the lamps are only lit when the motion sensors are breached.

Any tip on what's wrong and how I should build it instead?

Thanks /Lars

Please login or register to see this attachment.

No, the idea is to use one global variable, otherwise  it won't work  as you define it.

Please do as following:

Use VD as posted, (without away buttons and update)

Now at your last two scene replace away condition by  "atHome" == false. It means when atHome == true then two first scenes will executed. If atHome==false two last scenes will executed.

To verify that VD works, go to global variable panel and see if atHome variable is changes by VD buttons.

Edited by cag014

I have removed the authentication and the "away" in the global variable. Now I see the change in the value when i Push the button from true to false in the global variable.
I`m testing the VD, but the temperature is now 15.70 degrees and I pushed the button "Away" so I have to wait for the temperature  to go more than 16 degrees to shut the power off.

I have a good feeling that its going to work

cag014..........You`re the best

glad that U have so much patience 

nope

the scene "away" is working, but when I push the button "atHome" the power is still off.
i checked the variable, but here is the value changing when i use the buttons ( true / false)

when I push button "atHome" the scene with temperature ( <18 = on and >22 = off) won`t start.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/831874286_atHomeon.jpg.25d75e8c2ddd93b1fdc22598142dd284.jpg" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Great... glad to help.