Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Faulty reporting from multi sensor or faulty HC2 firmware

pos

Question

Hi

I have had huge problems for a while where I loose contact with fibaro multi sensors. Now I m a y b e have something. 

Today I lost another one. I clicked to try connect to it in the HC2 gui. The node was not responsive. I went to the node removed the battery, put it in again. Nothing... Then I changed the battery and it started to work!

Now...

I have a battery checker scene running giving me alarm every day if battery devices run low. It did not send me any alarm! Yesterday I know the multi sensor worked. And the battery checker said the battery level in it was 62% yesterday. I cannot see a drop from 62% to a dead not over just 12-15 hours.

This only applies to the Fibaro multisensors. At earlier problems I did not automatically change battery when it started to die. Most of them still gave light in the eye and the HC2 shows good battery level,  but multi sensor did not work properly. I removed them from zwave and re-included them. I have also switched a few batteries. So maybe this was it...

To the question...

Anyone that have seen battery reporting from these devices that show more battery than is left in the device?

I have fully firmware updated multisensors and HC2 4.510

/Peo

10 answers to this question

I had similar situation with Fibaro motion sensor. Suddenly 2 out of 4 stopped reporting and marked as dead nodes. Battery in device was OK. After I woke up dead nodes, sensors were not reporting values, however they do detect movement. So I decided to remove them. After successful removal process, device still remain in HC2. So I tried to add it and HC2 created new instance of motion sensor, so I had to force remove the old one. It seems like motion sensor was somehow "disconnected" or forgotten by HC2. So currently Im testing the behavior of freshly added sensors. Also few days ago, my HC2 kind of crashed for the first time after 3 years. A lot of devices stated as unconfigured. After restore of recent backup, everything seems to work again. 

Same thing happened to me with one Fibaro motion sensor. Also HC2 with 4.510 firmware. No warnings about low battery. Overnight drained.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Indeed it seems like a problem.

I run @Sankotronic battery checker. Saved me some own coding :) It showed 62% battery yesterday in a Fibaro multisensor. Now the Fibaro multisensor is a dead device in HC2. I removed and reinserted the battery. No light in the "eye" whatsoever. Changed battery to a new one and it works directly. The battery reporting is way wrong! At least for the multi sensors. I have not seen the same problem for all my Popp thermostats. 

There is a problem with the HC2 firmware 4.510!

/Peo

Another issue like this here

Please login or register to see this link.

Same issue here with a multitude of sensors, last one where it happened was a fibaro motion sensor.

I also have devices where changing the battery does not change the battery level (so battery is full but homecenter still states its almost empty).

2 minutes ago, eureka said:

Same issue here with a multitude of sensors, last one where it happened was a fibaro motion sensor.

I also have devices where changing the battery does not change the battery level (so battery is full but homecenter still states its almost empty).

Hmm you may have to wake it up after changing battery before new measurement shows

1 hour ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Hmm you may have to wake it up after changing battery before new measurement shows

tried it multiple times, even went so far as to completely reset the device to factory settings, however, nothing changed.

Strange battery issues as well here , also with AEONLABS door sensors... They just die, no battery warning, nothing....

Another muti-sensor also just died well changed the battery 3 months ago

• Inquirer
  • I started this whole thread sept 12. I have used 4.510 firmware since then. As of 4.510 there have been problems. I have had huge problems with my Fibaro multi sensors where they die, show up as unconfigured or report low battery even though it is new. NO OTHER DEVICES. Just the fibaro multi sensors! I have 15 Popp thermostats (i.e Danfoss made) and also a lot of other battery operated devices. No problems at all with these.

Today I against what I usually do, upgrade to a beta. The 4.511. I wanted this problem solved.... After reboot that I saw all of these yelling for low battery (that worked before the upgrade)... 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Looking at one specific...

Th battery was new in this device 2 days ago. I then removed the battery of the multi sensor and put the same battery  back in.... Perfect!

A few multi sensors showed green battery level and reacted on motion, but still, the HC2 web gui showed unconfigured. Most of them worked after a soft reconfigure. But 2 had to be removed and re-included to work.

As said... this only happens to the Fibaro Multi sensors. No other battery operated devices. I have other battery operated devices that are not affected placed very near mutli sensors. Also I can see this has nothing to do with the distance to the HC2. 

So.. Either there is a HUGE bug that appeared in firmware 4.510 that is not yet solved

OR

The Fibaro multisensors are crap!

Fibaro, DO SOMETHING!

/Peo

Hi everyone, I join the topic and confirm, no information from the computer about the state of discharged battery ... version 4.511. Jokingly ... I received a notification from the child that the light does not come on;)
    Greetings