Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Changing icons on device

knuth

Question

I want to change the icon on some of my devices. According to the knowledge base, the procedure is:

1. Push the Tool button of the device

2. Push button  "Change Icon".

This is supposed to open a panel with choices for different states (on/off for example), and a Choose File button next to each one. In my case, all I get when pushing the Change Icon button is a panel showing a limited number of icons and the message "Choose icon from the list":

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_03/image.png.cfe851de3684a543ef2b830a1c80919b.png" alt="image.png.cfe851de3684a543ef2b830a1c80919b.png" />

This appears directly after I push "Change Icon". How do I get to the desired option for choosing file names? 

6 answers to this question

Każda z tych ikon zawiera oba stany i on i off. Gdybyś chciał wybrać ikony spoza tej listy to wtedy musisz wskazać dwa pliki  w odpowiedniej kolejności które dodatkowo muszą spełniać następujące kryterium plik png 128x128 bez tła

Hej
The picture should look like this.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Inquirer
  • @hTiger1 : Exactly. That is what it should look like, but it does not! The bottom part is missing on all the devices I have tried so far. These are both Fibaro units (like the Switch 2 used in my example) and 3rd party devices

@AndrzejK I have downloaded several of the right type of icons from the Fibaro Download forum to my pc. They are all the right type and size. The problem is to find a way to choose the right file, as that part is missing from my view.

So, how do I make the Add Icon segment reappear? I am connected to my HC2 remotely - does that make a difference? 

14 hours ago, knuth said:

connected to my HC2 remotely - does that make a difference? 

Yep, Doesnt work remotely.

Probably  one of the most asked questons on this forum 

Why they dont have a pop up note in GUI for this in its section

and the other 20 things every new user gets caught on.

• Inquirer
  • "Probably  one of the most asked questons on this forum"... @Jamie mccrostie

:luv: Sorry I did not find it before asking (I tried!). But thanks for resolving my problem.