Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Internet Radio

amatt

Question

Has anyone found a simple solution to play internet radio stations from like Tunein? if so can you share your VD. thanks

3 answers to this question

@amatt can see a word from but can't see word via :)

10 hours ago, amatt said:

Has anyone found a simple solution to play internet radio stations from like Tunein? if so can you share your VD. thanks

Do you own a Sonos speaker? Than you can use the Sonos remote and add a maximum of 5 radiostations.

• Thanks 1

I have a raspberry pi connected to two ceiling speakers. The raspberry pi runs 

Please login or register to see this link.

Music box runs on mopidy which can be controlled via http requests. I have a virtual device setup to send the commands. 

But it you asked for simple, so I suppose this doesn’t count. Cheap yes (£35 plus box), simple no. 

Alternatively, my upcoming alexa doorbell skill might help? How you ask, well using Alexa routines you can play the radio etc. My website will enable you to create as many doorbells as you desire and these doorbells can be used as triggers to start Alexa routines. A virtual device could be setup to send these triggers and start an alexa routine. It’s almost complete awaiting for it to be accepted into the Alexa store.

But this requires you to have an Alexa device (£50, although I got mine during Black Friday £25)