Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unable to perform recovery

Stripe68

Question

Hi,

I just got a HC2 today and started playing with it. It came with version 4.056 installed and it said it wanted to update to version 4.180. So I started the update but when it finished I couldn't login to the device. Trying to access the web page gave either the spinning balls or the "Testing 123" welcome to CentOS Apache default web page.

So I tried doing a recovery. It booted up in recovery mode but when doing the recovery it seems to be stuck on step 1 "Preparation" with the message "Searching for a system drive". Nothing else is happening.

What can I do? Since I just bought the device there's nothing on it that needs to be saved.

/Mats

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I tried the recovery a few more times and eventually it worked. The system was restored to 4.056 and it again said that there was an update to 4.180. I started the update but after the reboot I again can't access the GUI.

When I go to the FC2 web page I get a mix of three different results:

* The spinning blue balls, forever.

* Not Found, "The requested URL /fibaro/en/home/ was not found on this server."

* The CentOS Apache welcome page.

On the device, the three rightmost LEDs are lit, and the "update available" LED is flashing.

Perhaps I'm not patient enough during the update? When the update starts I get the spinning balls during the update. How long time is this supposed to take? How do I know when it's finished?

Also, why does the device want to update to 4.180, if I understand correctly there are more recent versions available. Is it not possible to upgrade directly to the latest version?

/Mats

• Inquirer
  • Some more info. It seems that DNS is not working properly, the FC2 seems to block the DNS responses.

10.0.40.10 = FC2

10.0.5.5 = DNS server

09:56:39.262767 IP 10.0.40.10.59297 > 10.0.5.5.53: 63709+ A? www.google.com. (32)
    09:56:39.263493 IP 10.0.5.5.53 > 10.0.40.10.59297: 63709 1/4/8 A 172.217.20.36 (296)
    09:56:39.263789 IP 10.0.40.10 > 10.0.5.5: ICMP host 10.0.40.10 unreachable - admin prohibited, length 332
    09:56:39.365441 IP 10.0.40.10.47133 > 10.0.5.5.53: 38024+ A? www.google.com. (32)
    09:56:39.365959 IP 10.0.5.5.53 > 10.0.40.10.47133: 38024 1/4/8 A 172.217.20.36 (296)
    09:56:39.366242 IP 10.0.40.10 > 10.0.5.5: ICMP host 10.0.40.10 unreachable - admin prohibited, length 332

This is from the interface where the FC2 is located. It seems to get hold of the IP of www.google.com eventually, I can see it pinging it (and getting a response).

/Mats

• Inquirer
  • Yet another update.

I wasn't able to access the device using the web browser but it turned out that the iOS app "Fibaro" could access and login. It all looked okay in the app but I still wasn't able to login using the web.

The app said that the device was now on 4.180 and it wanted to upgrade to 4.530. I told it to go ahead.

After waiting for a long while I now get the message "Error - image corrupted" in the web. The iOS app can't login any more.

Clicking Cancel eventually got me to the recovery screen. This screen says the system is now at 4.550.

I tried doing a "Recover system" but this gave the error "Image corrupted" and it seemed to automatically switch to "Repair system". The repair finished and it rebooted. After reboot it went back to the recovery doing another repair. And another reboot.

Now the device seems to be looping doing "image corrupted", "repair", "reboot".

Something is very wrong. Any ideas?

/Mats

• Inquirer
  • Problem is solved now, it was a hardware problem and the unit got replaced.