Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[VD] for SONY Android TV

dimae

Question

Hi,

I would like to share this Virtual Device for Android TV (Oreo 8.0) SONY Oled AG9. Maybe it is working for another TVs as well. If not, you just need to find the correct codes.

This VD was made from big help and examples of @StarkJohan so I was basically improving a little bit more his examples. @Fodder1 was also looking for this solution. I have tried to make this VD as complete as my original Sony remote. 

1st) you need to know IP address of your TV: Home > Settings > Network > Advanced settings > Network status IP address

2nd) you need to enable remote connection here: Home > Settings > Home network > setup IP control > enable "Authentication Normal and PreShared Key (PSK). Set “0000" in this trial.

If you need your TV codes you can get it using terminal console. Follow this commands 

Please login or register to see this link.

and execute ./print_ircc_codes.sh SONYTV_IP

That's all :-) I hope it helps,

Thanks,

5fA6sOp.png

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by dimae
  • Like 2

Can you advice what TCP port should I enter in the configuration?  I have "0" there as the default. Thanks in andvance

• Inquirer
  • On 12/16/2019 at 8:09 PM, markymm said:

Can you advice what TCP port should I enter in the configuration?  I have "0" there as the default. Thanks in andvance

It's 80 I guess! Please share it here if works

Hi, @dimae. Thanks a lot for the VD, it's written quite elegantly. I have only one problem with it - left button doesn't work for me for some reason. I've checked the code, following your method and the code is ok. Have you experienced smth like this on your setup?

Guest Mustafa
    On 12/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, dimae said:

VD

Hello @dimae, great work!!

I have imported the file but unfortunatley only one button works (SetPower) which is turning OFF the TV only.

I'm wondering if I'm missing any thing in the configuration. IP address is correct and TCP is set to 80. If the IP and TCP are not correct, I don't think that one button would even work.

My TV is Sony TV (KD65A1) and the software is Android 8.0

Let me know what I should do ot make it work... I couldn't figure out the github insturctions as I'm not a technical person :(

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Mustafa said:

I have imported the file but unfortunatley only one button works (SetPower) which is turning OFF the TV only.

Have you changed IP and Secret in Button 1? All the main config goes through button 1. If yes, what does debug say?

On 1/6/2020 at 12:57 AM, baskalex said:

Hi, @dimae. Thanks a lot for the VD, it's written quite elegantly. I have only one problem with it - left button doesn't work for me for some reason. I've checked the code, following your method and the code is ok. Have you experienced smth like this on your setup?

BTW, I've solved my own problem. For some reason the VD doesn't like word "left" :) Changed "Left" to "Leftt" in both left button itself and the button 1 and everything works like a charm now.

Guest Mustafa

Thank you @baskalex for the answer. It is strange that I didn't get notifed that there is a new answer on my question.

I didn't change the IP and not sure what is the Secrent Button.

When I did debug, this is what I get:

When I changed the IP and TCPPort, this is what I get:

Let me know what I should do...

Thank you very much!

@Mustafa

You need to put your TV IP address, port and "secret" in the VD. IP and Port should be enclosed in "". Port is usually 80. Regarding the "secret" there is manual in the first post how to set it up on your TV. If you don;t want to change it in VD, just use 0000 on your TV.

Guest Mustafa
    21 minutes ago, baskalex said:

@Mustafa

You need to put your TV IP address, port and "secret" in the VD. IP and Port should be enclosed in "". Port is usually 80. Regarding the "secret" there is manual in the first post how to set it up on your TV. If you don;t want to change it in VD, just use 0000 on your TV.

Thanks for the quick response @baskalex

I added them as you can see, I still get the error

As for the Secret, I got what you mean. I had the Authnitcation set up on the TV already as 0000

Let me know if anything else I'm missing?

Guest Mustafa

@baskalex done as you mentioned... getting the below error.

[ERROR] 15:40:52: line getGlobal("tvCmd")..."]:59

Guest Mustafa

@baskalex

Is there any guide on how to create variable?

This is what I see on the same button

Guest Mustafa
    28 minutes ago, baskalex said:

@Mustafa

Here you go:

Thank you very much @baskalex!!

Finally I was able to connect the TV!

Will examine the buttons if all are working or not... for now thanks for the help!

• Inquirer
  • Hello all,

I am sorry to all because delay. I haven't seen notifications here! (I thought I would be informed by email, I don't). I have fixed the "left" button... It was a very silly mistake by my side. Sorry. 

I have added a few small things like "No Image" button (very useful for OLED screens in order to avoid burning ons screen) and Apps and English translation.

For me it's working at 100%. Please all credits are for @StarkJohan. I only made my own adaptation with full buttons :-)

Guest Mustafa

Thank you @dimae

I have one question, not sure if this is the right thred to ask, but I want to create a scene where my TV will open a particular app like Spotify. Is this an option to have the code mebded where it will be part of the remote buttons?

• Inquirer
  • 17 hours ago, Mustafa said:

Thank you @dimae

I have one question, not sure if this is the right thred to ask, but I want to create a scene where my TV will open a particular app like Spotify. Is this an option to have the code mebded where it will be part of the remote buttons?

You should make a scene that trigger pushing that button on your Sony VD. This VD will do nothing until you press a button...

What would be the condition that trigger this action? This is the first thing to define, then create this scene.

IE if sensor if breached, then push button X on this VD, or whatever you want to make

Guest Mustafa
    On 1/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, dimae said:

You should make a scene that trigger pushing that button on your Sony VD. This VD will do nothing until you press a button...

What would be the condition that trigger this action? This is the first thing to define, then create this scene.

IE if sensor if breached, then push button X on this VD, or whatever you want to make

Thank you @dimae

I was actually hoping to get a code like this one:

Netflix = "AAAAAgAAABoAAAB8Aw==",
    YouTube = "AAAAAgAAAMQAAABHAw==",

Spotify = "

So I can assign a button where in my scene I request the system to click on "Spotify" then start play the songs. Now it is difficult to play a certin song or spotify because I have to give order like button down, then right, then button OK, etc. and for sure it is not reliable

Let me know if you know a work around 

Thanks!

Mustafa

Hi, Can somone help me?

When I did debug, this is what I get:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_07/aa.png.f4256ea96b7ca2dae50ffa1f9b3fa170.png" />

I also create global  variable named "tvCmd"

But still When I did debug is same error.

Sorry my language Czech in my picture.

Thanks for advice

Please login or register to see this code.