Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO
as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.
As a member you can:
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Follow topics and users to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages
- ... and learn a lot about our system!
Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team
I recently purchased a Fibaro RGBW controller 2 along with a power supply and an RGBW light strip to work with my SmartThings hub. I wired everything up and I got it to work but not very well. Here are the problems:
1. When I tried to add it to my Smartthings hub, I had to press the Service button three times several times before the device was found. However, the device that it thought was found was the Aeon LED Bulb. Is that correct? Should it not see something called Fibaro RGBW Controller?
2. When it pairs the “Aeon LED Bulb” to Smartthings, it initially says the device is of even though it is off. It never seems to get the correct off/on status and when I try to turn it on or off it will usually work but the status always says “Turning off/on” and never updates to off or on. I did this with the device literally 5 feet from the hub. I have a whole house full of z-wave devices attached to my Smartthings hub from various manufacturers and they all work fine.
3. I updated the device driver with the Fibaro device driver for the RGBW Controller and I also tried a third party device handler, and while I can kind of get the led strips to turn on/off and change color, it is typically very slow and the on/off status is never correct.
So, is there something I am doing wrong? Is the controller defective? My hub is a V2 and has up-to-date firmware. I reset the Fibaro controller several times (after removing the device) and tried to add it again but I always have the above problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 answers to this question
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.