Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 and non-LED fluorescent lamp

marcin12

Question

I have a problem with Dimmer 2 (v3.5) configuration.

This is the only module that I try to connect to a 2-wire installation, the rest Dimmer 2 are connected with neutral wire (3-wire) installation and I have no problem with them.

This Dimmer is intended to control a fluorescent lamp (approx. 30W; this is standard fluorescent lamp, not LED one), currently it is properly controlled by the Qubino Flush module (installed next to the lamp, so with neutral). Now I wanted to move the module to the box at the wall switch, that is why I try to use Dimmer 2.

During all tests I set parameter 32 to 0 (dimming now allowed)

I run calibration using B-button and I get such results:

1. calibration mode without Bypass and actually no Bypass installed -> calibration ends correctly (green status light, although my lamp is not dimmable); but the lamp does not respond when Dimmer turns on/off.
  2. calibration mode with Bypass and Bypass connected -> calibration ends incorrectly (red status light); the lamp does not respond when Dimmer switches on/off.
  3. calibration mode without Bypass but the Bypass is actually connected -> calibration starts with proper switching on the lamp and after a few seconds it turns off, after that there are next test during which the fluorescent lamp does not fully start; the result of calibration is that the lamp works, but not always; it can be turned on and off; unfortunately, so emetimes it reacts with delay (e.g. it starts after 15 seconds), and sometimes it doesn't respond at all (it doesn't turn on).

Any help with this will be appreciated.

I assume that I need to tune somehow parameters after auto configurations is completed, but since I don't fully understand what some params mean I don't want to damage my lamp or the Dimmer module.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet