Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 bad feedback when adding Devices?

Ettrig

Question

Hi everyone.

I am new to Fibaro, and I installed HC3 some days ago. (Previously I have been using an Animus Heart, and I have been pretty happy with it.. except it felt a bit too simplistic for my taste)

When I try to add (or remove) Z-Wave Devices. Most often when I click the button "Start adding" from the Add Device dialogue, the dialogue just closes, and nothing happens. I get absolutely 0 feedback, and it seems that the device does not go into learning mode at all?.. (Sometimes, a "console-style-window" appears, saying "Home Center in learning mode", and when this happens I can read the log what is going on, but most often this does not happen..)

Am I missing something here, or is the firmware buggy? Also, after adding a device, I get no real confirmation whether it was successful or not.

I basically have to refresh the Device-list to see if something changed..?. 

Anyone else confused about this or have an answer? Seems like a very non-user-friendly UI.

6 answers to this question

with hc2 you also dont get a notification if the confirmation was succesfull.

i think the Firmware is very buggy because all the software from Fibaro is very buggy, you only has to read in this forum about stability and HC2

• Inquirer
  • Thinking about returning the device and waiting a couple of months and see.. :/

maybe resort to installing HA on a Raspberry Pi or something instead.

For the price of HC3 you can get a NUC, install HA and have zigbee,zwave, 433, etc working with 1000's integrations and still have change left over.

oh and it works with alexa, google and siri.

Just refresh the webpage or open the console window in the left down corner there are 3 icons and it is the top one.

This calls development guys a new tool with new software.

7 hours ago, djashjones said:

For the price of HC3 you can get a NUC, install HA and have zigbee,zwave, 433, etc working with 1000's integrations and still have change left over.

oh and it works with alexa, google and siri.

For the price of a NUC you can get a lot of physical devices and have an analog human2switch interface and still have change left over.

oh and it works with wife, children and guests.   

Edited by Thomasn