Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Removing devices manually/forcefully

P77

Question

Hi all,

In the new Home Center 3 web interface, I can click on devices and end up on

Please login or register to see this link.

/app/settings/devices, and then choose "Z-wave" to be able to find the trashbin.

Clicking the trashbin and then the button "Continue" to start the exclusion process (Learning Mode).

I then click the red cross with circle around for manually excluding the device, and I get the following information in the status screen;

[12:12:02] ID 20: NOP sending succeeded. The device has not been removed. Please use Learning Mode to remove it.

[12:12:02] Removing devices finished

[12:11:56] Home Center in learning mode 

The device is a Home Center 2 unit which I added to see what I could do with it. I do not have the HC2 here anymore - which means I have to manually (with force) remove the damn thing. But I can't.

Any ideas?

Greatfull for any tips! :)

/Peter

This log means that device is still in range and Z-Wave can't remove it by force :)

• Inquirer
  • Just now, m.roszak said:

This log means that device is still in range and Z-Wave can't remove it by force :)

Yes, I get that - but I'm curious about how to forcefully remove it? This was not an issue with HC2.

Turn off device for the time you are trying to remove it ;) - this way you can remove it by force.

The better and prettier way is to use learning mode on device you are trying to remove.
    In HC2 there is a "Learn Mode" button in  general Z-Wave configuration. 

You have said that:

2 hours ago, P77 said:

I do not have the HC2 here anymore

Are you sure that this device you tried to remove is really this HC2?

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Turn off device for the time you are trying to remove it ;) - this way you can remove it by force.

The better and prettier way is to use learning mode on device you are trying to remove.
    In HC2 there is a "Learn Mode" button in  general Z-Wave configuration. 

You have said that:

Are you sure that this device you tried to remove is really this HC2?

Thank you for your reply! :)

Yes, I'm pretty confident that the device is the HC2 which I added first of all devices. It was the only one I had for a few hours, so I'm very sure about this.

See screen capture below. And - as I mentioned previously; as this is a controller which has been physically removed, I need to find a way to forcefully remove it.

I don't know if I understand how you mean by turning off the device for the time I'm removing it. As it is turned off (and physically removed) it's already done. But no luck there though...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So I am pretty sure that you have a ghost device in network (the same nodeId as your old HC2 - it happens sometimes, for example when older backup were restored than actual network configuration). 

Try to hit reconfigure - it is possible that device will be configured properly and you will see what exactly hide under this node Id :)

• Inquirer

So I am pretty sure that you have a ghost device in network (the same nodeId as your old HC2 - it happens sometimes, for example when older backup were restored than actual network configuration). 

Try to hit reconfigure - it is possible that device will be configured properly and you will see what exactly hide under this node Id :)

Thank you for the tip.

Tried it just now, but it resurfaced with a new ID - but the same type. Frustrating as hell. And the device is not here... (not joking)...

This is a bit drastic but you can try to... power off every main powered Z-Wave device in your home, this must allow to force remove it. 

Or if you got only few devices configured and adding them again is not a problem hit "reset Zwave network" in configuration and add your devices again.

• Inquirer

This is a bit drastic but you can try to... power off every main powered Z-Wave device in your home, this must allow to force remove it. 

Or if you got only few devices configured and adding them again is not a problem hit "reset Zwave network" in configuration and add your devices again.

Thanks again.. I'll think about this for a while.

I have 157 devices on this HC3 controller. :o

And powering off every Z-wave device will mean that I will power off the controller as well... unfortunately.. :/

Thank you for all the great advices so far though. I'll try to beat the living *abuse* out of the box with a hammer in a few hours I think. That should do it! ?

You could always just hide it in system and forget about it ;)

• Inquirer

You could always just hide it in system and forget about it ;)

Yes - that is an option. But I'm trying to solve another issue with me not being able to sign in with the Android Home Center app nor the iOS Home Center app on HC3 except the very first time. I can log on to a HC2 device as many times as I like - but when switching over the HC3 - the app hangs (there's a thread about it here:  )

And I thought that the HC2 device which I added could be what's causing the issues as that is the only thing I can see that is different from other peoples configuration opposed to my config.

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, m.roszak said:

This should not be related, we are working on a solution :)

Aha - good to know though!

Then I'll hide it and forget about it.

And in regards to my other issue - that is something that you're working on right now?

Meaning - am I supposed to relax and wait for the solution that will come, or should I try to solve it myself in the meantime as other people do not experience that problem?

11 minutes ago, P77 said:

And in regards to my other issue - that is something that you're working on right now?

I have forwarded this to our app team, tomorrow I will try go give you some answers :)

• Like 1

• Inquirer

I have forwarded this to our app team, tomorrow I will try go give you some answers :)

Thank you - I appreciate the help!

As far as I know issue is already fixed in 1.7.0 version of mobile app :)

Is there a solution on how to remove devices manually/forcefully?

I have a scene controller that is twice in my list.
    The new one working fine but the old one (the same one!) is still there and in 'reconfiguration' so I still/always have a notification about this.
    Reboot did not work, how to  remove devices manually/forcefully?

• Like 2

Guest Robitica
    On 4/12/2020 at 8:38 PM, GdB said:

Is there a solution on how to remove devices manually/forcefully?

I have a scene controller that is twice in my list.
    The new one working fine but the old one (the same one!) is still there and in 'reconfiguration' so I still/always have a notification about this.
    Reboot did not work, how to  remove devices manually/forcefully?

Same here, is there a way to manualy remove device? (force deletion)

Me Too, HC2 had this function, why not HC3? I need to remove devices I no longer own that were in an old backup.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, Robitica said:

Same here, is there a way to manualy remove device? (force deletion)

Of course, set the filter to Z-Wave, then a trash can symbol appears on the right.

From then on you will find out for yourself. See screenshot.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by jwi
    • Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 5:02 PM, jwi said:

Of course, set the filter to Z-Wave, then a trash can symbol appears on the right.

From then on you will find out for yourself. See screenshot.

You didn't really read the question did you?

How is it that after more than a year there is still no option to do this?

Since the terrible migration from HC2 I'm stuck with semi-working to none-working devices and no way to remove them or working properly.

I can't in good conscience recommend Fibaro to my customers...

• Like 1