Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

QA for Shelly WiFi modules

michal85pl

Question

Hi,

I am not a programmer, but from the resources available on the forum I managed to glue QA to support WiFi Shelly modules (Switch1PM, Shelly2.5, Shelly Plug S). The code is certainly not clean and needs patches, QA sometimes hang and do not update the status icons or power consumption. Additionally, with 20 modules it causes a lot of cpu load. Would anyone experienced be interested in helping to refine the QA before posting it in the forum?

Regards
Michal

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, michal85pl said:

Another solution > HC3 Lite as a slave in garage

hmm, that an expensive solution. 

I'm now experimenting with a fibaro dimmer as a zwave hub.  I just connected it to the 230 and let i hang in the garage. it seems to extend the zwave network just enough that the fibaro door

sensor is connected to the network. I just wait and see how long it lasts

Hi @Michal85pl,

Reading the thread I am a little confused which is now the latest version of the Shelly QA. Can you help out?

Hello,

is there anyone who is using the Shelly 2PM with additional temperature sensors? And perhaps has the QA for that? 

Thank you!

Hi @jgab,

I see You have been so kind to help here before.. :-)

Is it possible that You could help create or update the Shelly QA to also include the 2nd gen modules ex. Shelly Plus 1 PM ?

At present it is possible to turn on and off the module with the present QA, but it does not get the data from the Power Meter into Fibaro.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Would it be possible to control a shelly from another house (ie with an external ip address)?

And how?

Thank you

@michelds

Hi,..
Shelly, if you are connected to the cloud, you can control it from anywhere, even from the application or from the cloud website. I recommend securing with a suitable password. Other possibilities, when we are already on the Fibaro forum, is to integrate the Shelly module as QA and then through the Fibaro cloud and the Yubii application..
I use both variants.

I may have asked the question wrong.
The Shelly is not connected to Fibaro HC3, but is located in another house, so with an external IP address.

Would I also be able to operate it from my Fibaro? (via Google home that works perfectly).
So somewhere in the Qa I should be able to use the external ip address, but how and where?

@michelds

If the other house has a public IPv4 IP address, Shelly can connect to HC3 QA via the Internet.
But if I understood your thinking correctly, you want Shelly for Google Home and for Fibaro? A bit complicated. Once Shelly is in Google Home, control it via Google Home.
As I wrote last time, Shelly can be controlled directly from its own application connected to the Shelly cloud. Simple, primocare solution.
If you need to control Shelly based on some conditions from Fibaro, you have to solve it either by directly connecting to Fibaro QA or using the IFTTT service.

I would also like to add that the new generation Shelly module can use a cloud api, but I have not tried it and the implementation will be a bit more complicated than a simple HTTP REST.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, michal85pl said:

Thanks to the commitment and help of @jgab, we created QA to support Shelly modules.

Tested on Shelly1PM, Shelly 2.5 and ShellyPlugS.
In the variables You must define the module IP address, authorization data and provide the relay number.
We invite You to test and report any comments / problems. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello, I have a Shelly 1PM but i could not controlled it via the HC3 with this plugin. What did I wrong?

Did you set up user and password for the shelly plug via app also?

• Inquirer
  • 18 godzin temu, audijo napisał:

Hello, I have a Shelly 1PM but i could not controlled it via the HC3 with this plugin. What did I wrong?

1. You need to set login/password in the module itself
    2. Relay number is wrong, it should be 0 or 1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michal85pl said:

Is The User the Shelly Account app name or where i set up user and password?

Should I activate the activation buttom?

Please tell me where exactly is the User and passwort set in the Shelly app.

Edited by audijo

No,

you will find this option at "Internet" --> Restrict login.
    There you can activate it and define username+password

4 hours ago, Alex said:

No,

you will find this option at "Internet" --> Restrict login.
    There you can activate it and define username+password

I do not have an option like "Internet". Do you have a picture for me?

I search for this option at my windows PC in the Module via browser and in the IOS APP from my apple. But it is nothing named as this.

The Frimware version is 0.11.4.

When I Activate under "Settings" the Autentication" then i can set a password. When I now start my APP it will ask me to login. Username "admin" is predivined and passwort was what i set. But in Fibaro HC3 will it not change any of he status.

Edited by audijo

@AlexI have a Iphone and it looks different.

On 11/26/2022 at 12:09 PM, michal85pl said:

Hey thats clear but I dont have these option in my Iphone or Windows plattfporm.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:16 PM, Alex said:

Which Shelly device and which version did it have?