Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Virtual devices triggers

Incomplette

Question

2 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Incomplette said:

It is possible to direct trigger virtual device function with hardware

You say "Virtual Device" but your signature says HC3 so you probably mean FQA or Quick App or "Quick App Devices" - which is something a HC2/HCL does not have but looks a bit like a "Virtual Device" on the older gateways but with improved capabilities.

10 hours ago, kevin said:

You need to create a scene to virtually push a button in a VD

On HC2 yes, on HC3 you can call a FQA function but that still leaves you with a "scene" to do the triggering so actually you are correct though you were probably referring to HC2 only.

@Incomplette has newbie status so I am not sure if we should go to the unsupported, uncharted terrain but I'll mention it for completeness: it is possible to run code (aka "trigger") a FQA on a HC3 without having to write a scene to do the triggering. The concept is called:

refreshStates

Put that in the search box and you'll find out what it is all about - when you are ready try some code...

I wrote an example of how you could use that idea but it uses http callbacks and I really don't think it is newbie stuff

If you uncomment this line:

--self:debug("result.data: "..json.encode(result.data))

You'll see that FQA capture every change happening on your system so let's say eg a "motion sensor" gets breached... You'll see an event with which id caused it and what happened

As you can see, there is no need to write a separate scene, everything can be within that single Quick App.

If you are on a HC2 and want to see what is possible with this refreshStates concept, I can recommend this scene by @cag014

The idea of this is not to trigger Virtual Devices so it does not answer @Incomplette's question but it is an interesting idea: instead of writing "Lua Code" you write "Rules" in a specific language, and @cag014's scene does all the work... Due to changes in syntax on HC3, it works on HC2 only at the moment, but it could be adapted... AFAIK @cag014 does this in his spare time so it al depends on him or someone else taking over the (hard) work, that is how "open source" works ;)

There are similar scenes (or at least with some of the same goals) like GEA (Gestionnaire d'Evénements Automatique) but the refreshStates way of doing things is much faster, and can be used for real time execution of actions (and timed actions as well).

You need to create a scene to virtually push a button in a VD

It is not possible to setup an associatie with a VD