Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Scene with trigger at exact time not triggered

Incomplette

Question

I have multiple block scenes setup with exact time trigger. But today one scene was not triggered. In console no error, in history no log. This scene was simple not triggered today ... 

Is this known issue of HC3 scenes? 

Can i find out why scene was not triggered?

3 answers to this question

This has happened to me (HC2).  I have blinds set to open at a particular time.  For a month or so, there was no problem.  Then two days when they didn't open.  Then worked ok from there, though I haven't yet seen another month.  Here's my theory, what do others think?

The LUA code checks to see if the time is right to trigger an action (say 7:30am).  If not the right time, it waits for one minute before checking again.  However, if the time is just a milisecond before 7:30am, when it adds a minute, it also takes a milisecond to execute the code, and so the next time it checks it is exacly 7:31am.  And therefore your event does not get triggered.

I was thinking about editing the LUA code to wait just less than a minute, would also need to add a flag so that the event was triggered twice (eg once at 7:30:01 and again at 7:30:59).  But I'm waiting to see if it happens again...I've set up a debug message to tell me the exact time the event happens each day, so I can check for time creep.

1 hour ago, Tim__ said:

This has happened to me (HC2).  I have blinds set to open at a particular time.  For a month or so, there was no problem.  Then two days when they didn't open.  Then worked ok from there, though I haven't yet seen another month.  Here's my theory, what do others think?

The LUA code checks to see if the time is right to trigger an action (say 7:30am).  If not the right time, it waits for one minute before checking again.  However, if the time is just a milisecond before 7:30am, when it adds a minute, it also takes a milisecond to execute the code, and so the next time it checks it is exacly 7:31am.  And therefore your event does not get triggered.

I was thinking about editing the LUA code to wait just less than a minute, would also need to add a flag so that the event was triggered twice (eg once at 7:30:01 and again at 7:30:59).  But I'm waiting to see if it happens again...I've set up a debug message to tell me the exact time the event happens each day, so I can check for time creep.

The block scenes on the HC2 has this issue - however, the likelihood is pretty slim, but over weeks the probability accumulates...

It's almost certainly that the time shoots over due to the time the code takes to execute as you refer to. The underlying timer is quite exact.

I think they have managed to do it better on the HC3 but its hard too know as we can't see the underlying mechanism of the conditions evaluation.