Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Devices disconnecting from time to time

Zitzer

Question

Hello,

I just moved from Vera plus to HC3.

I noticed that from time to time, devices are disconnecting and connecting again, what cause them to be unavailable from time to time, every time is on different devices and most of the time after sending 1-2 wake ups they come back to be online.

Most of my devices are Fibaro double switch and Fibaro roller switch, i have ~30 devices on a 100 squire fit house in 1 floor, so  i don't think is a range issues.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Same issue here with one device. Was working perfect for 2 weeks, now communication has gone. How do you send them wake-ups? You do a soft-creconfiguration? Thats fails for my device..

Today my second ecodim dimmer quit communicating with the HC3 controller.  how is that possible? nothing really has changed. Now i have serious issued getting them back into the network. `so far no luck.

grmphf!

I have a similar issue. The device is communicating but is not always showing the real status. I have to manually change the position of the device to update the status in HC3... That's quite a strange bug if we take in consideration the price of HC3...

Agree, And the strange thing is that the ecodim dimmer is only 10 meters from the HC3, clear line of sight. Distance can't be the issue here!

Unfortunately I cannot help with the issue. My device is a Yale lock which is not even 5 meters from the HC3... Sometimes purely it shows me that is locked and it is actually unlocked or reverse. 

Does anybody have any solution for this? Is there any way to force HC3 to read from time to time the real status of one Z-Wave device? As I explained above, from time to time HC3 is showing wrong the status of YDM3168. The only way to make it read correctly after is to restart HC3 or to manually change the status of the lock. Maybe there is a possibility to somehow force HC3 to device a time interval when the unit to poll the device... 

Thanks!

• Inquirer
  • I opened a ticket to the support 3 weeks ago and didn't received any response. 

hi,

had the same issue with a power plug. had to remove it totally (after trying soft reconfiguration) and reinstall it by default (not selecting security options or other).

Now working well but a little bit frustrative :)

cheers,

i have the same issues with som devices e.g.

Fibaro Motion Sensor Eurotronic Spirit HVAC, aeon Sensor 6

... frustrative...