Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer doesn't report state correctly (Sunricher + HC3)

Ettrig

Question

Hello everone.

I have installed a bunch of ZV2835RAC dimmers (

Please login or register to see this link.

) in my appartment, and while they work quite well, but I have one annoying issue I wonder if some expert could give some ideas on. The dimmer pairs well with Home Center 3, but it doesn't report its state correctly when pressing the physical knob. (on/off).

Controlling it through HC3 works great.

I managed to partly fix this, by adding another association group (2) for the device. (it only connects with one)

Now the dimmer does report back to HC when you click the knob.

That said, this dimmer knob also can be just "turned" to turn it on. When I do this, the dimmer does turn on, but it does not report in Home Center 3.

Basically this results in the dimmer showing as "off" in Home Center, but you can clearly see that it's on because the power reading is high :)

(see below)

1854528327_Screenshot2020-05-03at14_52_29.png.f388035825b63d5fc5de88f4b6096281.png

Is this a hardware issue requiring a firmware upgrade? Is anyone else using Sunricher dimmers? 

I got a lot of these, so I'd really like to try get them work 100%..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Some updates.

I got response from the retailer I bought the dimmers from, who even reached out to Sunricher. 

Apparantly the retailer and Sunrcierh both could _using some older firmware_ apparantly get the dimmers working correctly connected to HC2..

It seems there's indeed some bugs in HC3 that prevents this from working correctly.. I hope someone from Fibaro can look at this in the near future.

Hi ,

i have a simmilar issue with fibaro RGBW 2 (com.fibaro.FGRGBW442CC)

I have turnoff the device but the state is not updated! :-(

grafik.png.aa13456062651cb0acd3a4ac31609d63.pnggrafik.png.3bd990d1cbca0ff1745b8287c9b02827.png

The  RGBW A is an Fibaro RGBW 1 device... here it is updated correctly

Edited by Eufi

I have a similar problem with HC3 and Simon iO z-Wave dimmers (https://www.simonelectric.com/sistemas-de-control/simon-io).  Controlling the devices through the Fibaro App works fine, but "manual" changes of the devices' states (i.e. pressing the dimmer knob) are not shown by the App.

In fact, after adding the dimmers to the HC3 z-wave controller, initially those manual state changes are displayed correctly on the Fibaro App, but after a while something goes wrong and the dimmer may be shown as switched on while the lamp is off, etc.

So, as to Ettrig's question, this does not seem to be a problem of the different dimmers but rather a software problem on Fibaro's end.

Btw: the problem is not limited to the Fibaro App -- when accessing HC3 through its web interface, the dimmer states are displayed wrongly as well.

Edited by sossowski

• Inquirer
  • After installing (5.031.33) it seems these my dimmers work correctly! ?

@sossowski @Eufi try install the latest firmware on HC3 and see if that helps!

Hi @Ettrig i have updated my HC§ to the newest but i have the same problems

After installing the new firmware and reconfiguring the devices through the web interface, the problem with my Simon iO dimmers apparently seemed to be solved -- but only for a day or two. Now I am having the same problem again. Has that also happened to you, @Ettrig?

I checked that this problem also occurs with my Fibaro smart plugs -- when switching them on or off manually, this does not get reflected any more in the App. So IMO it's not a compatibility problem of non-Fibaro devices.

UPDATE: I manually removed the devices and then added them again to the network again. They now have been working correctly for more than two weeks (fingers crossed!). Lesson learnt is that the "Complete reconfiguration" on the web interface is not equivalent to "manually" removing/adding devices...

Edited by sossowski

Had a problem just now adding a Sunricher Led Driver. It was showing as 4% on but i could change it och dim it ok.

This happend when added in security mode. Removed and added as non secure and then it´s working as it should.