Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 Quick App for controlling AC units

laurgh

Question

Hello,

I am trying to create in HC3 a quick app which is controlling my DAIKIN air condition units. The interface and possibilities offered by quick app are very limited, especially from controls point of view where I have access to buttons, labels and sliders. I'm struggling actually to write code in order to avoid different operator actions(I mean, I would like to make this interface usable by anybody not only by myself): for example it would be nice to have the possibility to disable one button if the action performed by that button is already performed (if the AC unit is in AUTO mode I would like to disable the AUTO button) or it would be nice to have the possibility to change the colour of some controls (for example if for some reason I am losing the connection with the AC unit I would like to show a message to the operator but in red colour).

Anyway, at the end I am sure that I will be able to control the AC units by using this quick app but still there is a lot of place to improve in order to make it more user friendly.  Can you imagine that I have to set the temperature by moving a slider. More than that, because I have no possibility to change the limits of the slider, I have to write a lot of code which is actually ignoring or issuing some error messages when wrong values are selected. Is not a big deal of writing code but there is a huge difference between DAIKIN app interface and the interface which I can design in Quick App. See below some screenshots.

Is there any possibility to call some external apps from HC3, for example the apps designed by DAIKIN for managing the AC units. Or, do I have the possibility to call some routines which are programmed in some other programming languages which are a bit more flexible?

Thanks in advance, 

Laurentiu

Daikin APP:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_05/image.png.b72afceb284b4e6b5938f8c471fdacb2.png" />

My App:

image.png.0286bb89952e2cf805272483560f0387.png

translated File to Dutch

as soon as I have my units I will help with the development 

Gr Rex

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Is anybody still working on this?

I have 3 perfera units from 2020.

It looks like it sees the unit which I'm testing with, but no command seems to work, not even the on and off button.

Maybe because of a new firmware update to work with the daikin residential controller?

Edited by Semmosamo

I decided it makes sense to summarize my findings on the topic so far, although they are more informational than providing a one-stop solution.

Newer Daikin AC units, equipped with the BRP069C4x WiFi module, are only accessible over the (so far not externally accessible) Daikin cloud and no local connections to the unit can be established. However, there are some great resources on the Home Assistant forum, this one in particular - 

Please login or register to see this link.

. So far, the guys there found out that:

• Depending on your internal AC unit, there might be an option to add the previous version WiFi module BRP069B42, together with the EKRS21 cable. This is to be confirmed by your local Daikin dealer/representative.
    • Following this path you should be able to disable the newer WiFi module (or keep it running, if you wish to use the Daikin Residential Controller app) and access the unit locally, using the QA shared in this topic.
  • You could use the token saver tool, created by one of the members there (found in 

), as described for Windows 

:
    • Open CMD and navigate to the folder containing tokensaver-win.exe
    • Execute tokensaver-win.exe "daikin-login" "daikin-password"
      • Note that this token expires - it looks like every 30-ish days or so, and needs to be refreshed.
    • Having the token, you must be able to see the unit. How to do that... unfortunately is beyond my abilities, I hope someone can take it from here.
  • Daikin units (as well as Mitsubishi, and probably other Japanese vendors) support some Asian/Japanese mostly used home automation protocol, named Echonet Lite. It seems that it has been reverse engineered and there is a

, which is

connectivity to the AC unit without going through the Daikin cloud. I don't know if there is something done for Fibaro in this regards, at least I couldn't find anything, but this approach might be somewhat more elegant than dumping the token every month and updating the QA manually. But again, this is way beyond my skills :)

I really hope the information above will help someone to take it from here. 

Side note - the newer WiFi modules keep broadcasting their SSID on an automatically selected WiFi channel. This obviously sucks from radio interference (as well as security) point of view, but so far Daikin say this is by design. I am trying to find a way to at least force them work on the same channel, different from my main network(s). I will update you on that.

Edited by mioiox
Attached an overview of Daikin's vision about the cloud connectivity - it looks like they are targeting Netatmo-like integrations.
  • Like 2

@mioiox Did you or anyone else get any further on the QA for Daikin?

I have the FTXTA30..., and using Residential Controller app.

Tryed two different Daikin QAs.

Get the temperature for the pump in the dashboard, and on/off status. But can`t controll anything with this QA.

2. Tryed the Daikin QA found in this tread, and there I can turn on/off the heat pump. So then I can controll it in scenes with other temp sensors in the room at least. But seems that I can`t controll the heat settings.

Is there a way to combine these QAs, so you get the "best" of both?
Want at least the temp showing like it is i option no.1 QA :) 
If there is a way to get the on/off command through, it maybe also should take temp settings/fan

Edited by dorten75
found more info

On 25/08/2020 at 00:23, Manu_31 said:

Bonjour,

Merci beaucoup pour votre travail.

Avant dans mon HC2 j'adorais cette appli (en pièce jointe sur la market place pour HC2)

J'aimerais (donc j'essaye) de recréer ça sous mon HC3 ;)

Si tu es motivé pour ça, je pense que je ne suis pas le seul à vraiment apprécier ça ^^

BR

Hello, as tu réussi à recréer le VD HC2 sur HC3 ?

Please login or register to see this code.

if anyone is interested, I adjusted the this QA and added the Label "Sensor"

/monthly_2022_04/image.png.536e587242833465b9472f606ca5e189.png" />

• Like 1

Hi Martin555@

Thank you for your sharing, good idea the label "sensor" with the 3 small info with dedicated icon
It's nice :-)

Unfortunately the stemp slider value is still not carried over to the daikin unit :-(

the only way to send a value is using this line, but the value does not vary with the slider...

" self:connect("/aircon/set_control_info?stemp=24&"..self.fin_cmd) "

Hello @flamalex31,

Je suis aussi intéressé car les API chez DAIKIN ont changé sur les modèles CTXM50R.
J'ai demandé au support Daikin les commandes des API et si j'ai un peu d'aide je pense aussi recréer celui qu'on avait sur la HC2 ;)

Bonne journée

Hi, if anyone is interested, I adjusted the this QA and added power consuption, I added the increase and decrease of the temperature with a dial and a slider. It is in test mode, there may still be errors.

/monthly_2023_06/image.png.c5c12a77f4dcc2d088a0aaeaff9080b4.png" />

On 6/29/2023 at 4:32 PM, Martin555 said:

Hi, if anyone is interested, I adjusted the this QA and added power consuption, I added the increase and decrease of the temperature with a dial and a slider. It is in test mode, there may still be errors.

Hi mate. I have a Daikin unit, connected with a Airzone Wifi unit, so I can control it through the app itself. Do you know if I can include it in my Fibaro network? Thanks