Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

HC3 API Set "Percentage"


moltos
 Share

Question

Since the migration to HC3 my "Alexa discovery" is broken. The issue is not fixed by Fibaro over weeks now. That´s why i am searching for Workarounds to reach a kind of "normality" again.

 

For my rollershutters, which were not discoverd i try to use ha-bridge as workaround.

In the past it was possible to control this devices like this:

 

/api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=turnOff

/api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=turnON

/api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

 

On, Off is working fine with HC3 but not for setting the position.

The documentation itself is not really usable and does not bring any light into the dark. Does anyone have some experience and helping me out with the "setValue" issue.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
9 hours ago, moltos said:

Since the migration to HC3 my "Alexa discovery" is broken. The issue is not fixed by Fibaro over weeks now. That´s why i am searching for Workarounds to reach a kind of "normality" again.

 

For my rollershutters, which were not discoverd i try to use ha-bridge as workaround.

In the past it was possible to control this devices like this:

 

/api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=turnOff

/api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=turnON

/api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

 

On, Off is working fine with HC3 but not for setting the position.

The documentation itself is not really usable and does not bring any light into the dark. Does anyone have some experience and helping me out with the "setValue" issue.

 

built swagger  can solve youR issues...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • That‘s exactly what I asked for ... I don’t get out of this swagger documentation.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    4 hours ago, moltos said:

    That‘s exactly what I asked for ... I don’t get out of this swagger documentation.

    Hmmm...

    not sure what you means.

    1st callAction AFAIK is deprecated API

    2nd setValue cleary decribes in swagger

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

     

     

     

     

    and btw2

    Please login or register to see this link.

    (

    Please login or register to see this link.

     - RGBW)

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Ok, I have to take a look at this.

     

    In my case it is required to control roller shutter and there you have "percentage".  [instead of 1-255 -> 0-100]

    (cause my roller shutters cannot discovered by alexa) - I want to trigger them via API and HABridge as workaround till Fibaro is fixing my issue.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    18 minutes ago, moltos said:

    I want to trigger them via API and HABridge as workaround till Fibaro is fixing my issue.

    what a issues? what are you talking about?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • My issue: 
    none of my actors and partially some scenes will be not discovered by Alexa my ticket is still open since 10 weeks. (since migration to HC3). 

     

    As workaround my idea was to create "devices" via HABridge from bwsystems (allows to add http devices and simulate them as hue lights).

    Turn on/off is not an issue, but I have absolutely no glue how to handle the external post trigger for control "light" or "blinds" position.

     

    With HC2 this way worked for me: /api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

    In HC3 i am struggeling to handover the required arguments:

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

     

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    15 minutes ago, moltos said:

    With HC2 this way worked for me: /api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

    kill me! PLEASE!

    i have 3times said what you wrong but you still wrote about anything but not about you TYPO!

     

    /api/callAction?deviceID=31&name=name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

    name=name=setValue

     

    and

     

    my example

    Please login or register to see this link.

     

    see the difference! 

     

    Agggrrrhhh!

     

    Edited by 10der
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • OMG .... WTF

    Thanks for spending your time on my typo issue ....  checked the string many times and did not realized it ....

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    Just now, moltos said:

    OMG .... WTF

    Thanks for spending your time on my typo issue ....  checked the string many times and did not realized it ....

    r u welcome!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Can someone help me with the same issue regarding HA Bridge on HC3?

     

    From browser I can execute: ( QA as roller shutter )

    http://192.168.9.107/api/callAction?deviceID=602&name=setValue&arg1=85

     

    HA Bridge setup:

     

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

     

    Nothing happens and in LOG there is :

     

     

    Please login or register to see this code.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...