Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Current stability HC3 and possibilities

Twannie

Question

Hi all,

I am sure many asked this before but I wonder what the current status with the HC3 is.

I own a HC2, have 90+ physical modules and 135+ scenes, almost all in LUA and the system is running quite fine.
I wonder how stable the HC3 is and what is still not possible what IS possible with the HC2

I use plugins like harmony, HUE etc... are they also available for the HC3 and more- important, working?

I also use quite some VD's like Weather Station, Netatmo (from the master @Sankotronic) and created/adapted VD's myself to get data from other devices through HTTP using LUA.

I really like the HC2 but the web-interface could be a bit better, easier to navigate (However, I DO like the looks of the dark interface)

Is this currently all possible in the HC3 and how stable is the system in general nowadays and is the step-up really a step forward?

I am having doubts as support could be better with Fibaro (still not everything fixed and supported in the HC2) so I do not expect things to be much different with the HC3....

The thing is, there are no real other contenders to use as home controller (except maybe Domoticz/HA)

6 answers to this question

It sounds like you have a very well running (HC2) setup, so why migrate to a HC3? If you want a proven setup, stay with the HC2. If you want some adventure, buy a HC3.  

(I migrated from HC2 to HC3, it all works well)

I miss a good iPad app. I would like to use TTS. I don’t have many wishes for the HC3. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy
  • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 51 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

It sounds like you have a very well running (HC2) setup, so why migrate to a HC3? If you want a proven setup, stay with the HC2. If you want some adventure, buy a HC3.  

(I migrated from HC2 to HC3, it all works well)

I miss a good iPad app. I would like to use TTS. I don’t have many wishes for the HC3. 

Indeed, adventure sounds nice..
    Can I add the HC3 as secondary controller so I could set things up before migrating?

10 minutes ago, Twannie said:

Can I add the HC3 as secondary controller

No. ;) too much “no” here, Sir...

and btw 

1 hour ago, Twannie said:

135+ scenes

Wonder how long it will take you to rewrite them for HC3 ;) 

I migrated before migration tooling was there. It took some time but it went well. I migrated devices in groups that were more or less logically connected. But I don’t have that mutch physical devices, 55. 

And 135+ scenes sounds like a lot. Maybe think about all on one scene? 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, DeKlump said:

I've updated my lua-script and vfib. Thanks! Don't have the 'Neerslag uur' but it works.

I'll try to create a push or telegram message.

1 minute ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

And 135+ scenes sounds like a lot. Maybe think about all on one scene? 

Never thought about it... it is easy to be able to disable a scene... and very few hitches in the system currently

will take a very long time for me too... not that great coding abilities ?

Nothing really works with hc3, only zwave is stable. Dont buy it if you dont need it. 

Edited by VedranS