Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

The Button on HC3

kenneth.horn@gmail.com

Question

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Please login or register to see this link.

Is making sences the only way to assign commands to The button? In HC2 i was able to assign commands directly on the button, if im remembering it right.

What do you mean?

you can use block scenes and lua

or do you mean:

Association (linking devices) - direct control of other devices within the Z-Wave system network e.g. Dimmer, Relay Switch, Roller Shutter or scene (may be controlled only through a Z-Wave controller).

The Button provides the association of four groups: 1st association group – “Lifeline” reports the device status and allows for assigning single device only (main controller by default). 2nd association group – “On/Off” is assigned to clicking the button and is used to turn on/off associated devices. 3rd association group – “Dimmer” is assigned to holding the button and is used to change level of associated devices. 4th association group – “Alarm“ is assigned to clicking and/or holding the button (triggers are defined in parameter 30) and is used to send alarm frames to associated devices. To add an association (using the Home Center controller): 1. Go to device options by clicking the icon: 2. Select the „Advanced” tab. 3. Click the “Setting Association” button. 4. Specify to which group and what devices are to be associated. 5. Save the changes. 6. Wake up the device manually to confirm changes (4 clicks). FIBARO Button in 2nd, 3rd and 4th group allows to control 5 regular or multichannel devices per an association group, with the exception of “LifeLine” that is reserved solely for the controller and hence only 1 node can be assigned. It is not recommended to associate more than 10 devices in general, as the response time to control commands depends on the number of associated devices. In extreme cases, system response may be delayed.

Hi. I think Kenneth is talking about magic scenes. They haven’t made their way to HC3 if I understand right. 

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 12 minutes ago, baskalex said:

Hi. I think Kenneth is talking about magic scenes. They haven’t made their way to HC3 if I understand right. 

You are absolutely right, thanks for the clarification

• Inquirer
  • 26 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

@[email protected]

Please, change in your profile if you have an HC3. It now says HC2 and the answers we give you will also be for an HC2.

Thanks for reminding me, should be updated now 

While im at it, is it possible to change name also, so that its not my e-mail showing

No, it's probably not possible. Then it is better to delete the account and create a new one.
    But you can always ask the forum admin about this.