"Requesting neighbours, please wait": eternal loop

Question

When I tried to include a new device (a Sensative Strip), the HC2 responded by displaying the message "Requesting neighbours, please wait" every 5 seconds. The device was not included. I have been through this twice now, once with "Network wide inclusion" checked, the other without. The only way to terminate the loop is to restart the HC2. What is going on? 

My software version is 4.600. I re-meshed the entire network between the first and second attempt, to make sure that the z-wave mesh is OK.

What else can I do?

11 answers to this question

we have seen the seem behavior for on of our clients. Was on HC2, 4.600 also with a sensative strip. (the comfort strip) 

Sensative reports this as a known Fibaro issue. I have reported it to Fibaro support, and they confirm this. Let’s hope it will be solved in the next update. 

also seeing this issue when trying to add an Aeotec MS6 to my HC2

Also looks like it it not including the device as a result

Any suggestions or solution ?

Thanks

That sounds exactly like the problem with the Sensative strip. Fibaro has acknowledged the problem. We can only hope that they find a solution which may be implemented in the next FW update. 

Reset, as in passing the magnet three times along the strip? I have tried that several times, but the result is the same when I then retry to include it. I am not surprised that it worked for you, eventually. The inclusion process is fickle, and I have other types of devices which only included on the third or fourth attempt. The problem here is that my HC2 needs to reboot for every attempt, to break the eternal loop. 

I power cycled the HC2 and then found that it had added the master device but t was hidden

I then did a reconfig om the master and all 5 child devices were successfully added