Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FIBARO Wall Plug HK - Problems with adding the device

T.Konopka

Adding to the conversation: I also have the same problem with 3 plugs (the ones that I wanted to add to my network again).

- device used to add FIBARO Wall Plug: iPhone 11

- iOS version: 14.5

- firmware version of your Wall Plug: 6.0.4 

- type and firmware version of your router: Ubiquiti 

- type of Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz + 5GHz

As mentioned before by other people, it is definitely an issue with iOS version.

However I don't have an older iPhone. Are there other workarounds known as of today?

Best regards,

Jim

• 1 month later...

I have similar issues. Three FIBARO plugs FGBWHWPE/F-102. All three is impossible to pair into HomeKit from my iPhone. When using Fibaro App the error messages is "Error Device could not be added to your Home”. Wifi is switching on/off during pairing process in the iPhone.

If adding the device with Apple Home App a bit more info is presented:

“Failed with OSSStatus code -3938 ()”, wifi switching on/off during pairing process,

No info on this OSSStatus found by googling the Internet. Info on OSSStatus i new in this thread from what I can see.

All three Plugs have been factory reset prior to adding them.

- device used when adding plug: iPhone XR

- iOS version: 14.6

- firmware version of Wall Plug: 6.04 (latest?)

- Linksys Mesh Wifi three nodes in bridge configuration

- DHCP server/Firewall: pfSense 2.5.1-RELEASE

Plugs have been in use in another setup but have been inaccessible from time to time and not been able to be added recently after factory reset.

I have successfully added the devices to HomeKit with my iPad Air 2  iPadOS 14.4.2. There is definitely a problem with the combination Fibaro Wall Plug an iOS.

Looking forward to a solution from Fibaro and/or Apple.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm facing the same fault code "Failed with OSSStatus code -3938 ()"...

Have 3 wall plug that stopped responding around a week ago.

After factory reset of the plugs it wasn't possible to add them to Homekit any more.

Either Homekit timed out or received the 3938 fault code after entering the 8 digit code.

-Tested with iPhone 7 & XR

-iOS 14.6 & 14.7

-Unifi Edge router + AP 

Edited by igge

On 2/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Drago_cz said:

I have solved this problem. You need device with ios 13.x. I used ipad air 2 with ios 13.x. Add fibaro outlet to your homekit. First you must give a permission to connect to Wi-fi and than it already will be working on ios 14. 

In my opinion ios 14 doesnt ask for permission to connect to wi-fi and thats why it doesnt work. 

sorry for my bad english. 

True that! I can't see FibaroHome app in iOS "settings-Integrity- Local Network". No wonder the app can't find my Wall Plug! Please fix this Fibaro,

4 minutes ago, sassae said:

Please fix this Fibaro,

your Wallplug is ok, ask Apple to fix ios14

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 4:59 PM, T.Konopka said:

Dear FIBARO users,

Due to reports regarding difficulties with adding the device to our FIBARO for HomeKit Devices app, we would like to ask you for assistance in diagnosing the problem. We would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and thus users who encountered similar problems are asked to leave a comment with the following details:

- device used to add FIBARO Wall Plug

- iOS version

- firmware version of your Wall Plug

- type and firmware version of your router

- type of Wi-Fi

If FIBARO Wall Plug used to work before, please share details about that configuration as well.

17 months later! Do you need more input or are you near a solution for the ios14-issue? Fibaro for Homekit devices app Version 1.9.4 needs an update that is ios14 compatible!

On 8/3/2021 at 9:25 PM, sassae said:

17 months later! Do you need more input or are you near a solution for the ios14-issue? Fibaro for Homekit devices app Version 1.9.4 needs an update that is ios14 compatible!

Finally Mr. Drozynski gave me a working solution!

Please try this factory service reset:
First take the Wall plug out of the socket and insert it into the socket while holding the button and do not release it.
Then your Wall plug will start flashing with individual colors. When it lights up yellow, confirm the reset by pressing the button.
Only the yellow color should appear 5-6 seconds after connecting.

Once this is done you can update the device to the newest version

Now my Wall Plug works as it dit before iOS14 :-)

Thanks a lot Mr. D.

• 2 months later...

???? ???? ??????? ? ?????? ??????? ? ????????. ?????????? ? ??????????? ???????? ???????  ??????? ????????? ???  ?? ????????. ??????????? ???? ???? ?? ????????? ??? ????????? ????? ?????? ?? ?????? ???????.  ??????? ???? ???????? ? ?????? ???????? ?? ?? ?????? ????????. ?? ????? ???????? ??????? ????????? ??? ?? ???????? ??????????? ? ??????? ??????????????. ?????? ????? ????? Wall Pług Fibaro ?? ??????? ? ???????? ????????????? ??????? ?? ?????????? ?????? ??????? ???? ??????. ?????????? “??????????? ???????????? ???????? ??????“.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/5/2021 at 8:35 PM, sassae said:

Finally Mr. Drozynski gave me a working solution!

Please try this factory service reset:
First take the Wall plug out of the socket and insert it into the socket while holding the button and do not release it.
Then your Wall plug will start flashing with individual colors. When it lights up yellow, confirm the reset by pressing the button.
Only the yellow color should appear 5-6 seconds after connecting.

Once this is done you can update the device to the newest version

Now my Wall Plug works as it dit before iOS14 :-)

Thanks a lot Mr. D.

This approach (i.e. "factory service reset") worked for me as well.