Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 Mesh Network info

ErlingK

Question

Hi, I have a temp sensor in the garage that drains the battery fast. Have done mesh reconfiguration but it did not help.

Have other wall powered device in the garage that should work as a relay, but want to be sure before sending the sensor back.

Found this thread about the HC2, tried to do some editing to get it to work on HC3 but only get an Error with no explanation now...

Anyone know other solution to find mesh info on the HC3?

4 answers to this question

Both - HC3 & HC2 have similar way to get MESH info (neighberhood and last route)

1st - only parent devices (BOX devices) have MESH info, so to get how TempSensor is connected You have to 
/api/devices/<tempSensorId> - read and find parentId
then

/api/devices/<parentId>  -You find lastWorkingRoute array

then in Array You see only BOX devices - so if You route looks like [1,7,23,36] then read names of 8,24 and 37 - this gives You some info about Your MESH

Henn

PS! I created on Excel/POwerQuery solution drawing me full MESH info in Excel Sheet - looks nice

I use this script to check the routing tables. This is for the HC3, for the HC2

I have the same script but with HC2 syntax. In the summary, the number of hops is added.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest torneset

If you use the swagger interface you can get detailed device information. If you select definition devices in the upper right corner, and chose get /devices/deviceid, choose "try it out" and enter the deviceID of your temp sensor. Then you should among the info find neighborlist-parameters and last working route. In my example below you see that the device is having a direct connection with the primary controller.

Please login or register to see this code.