Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double switch 2 alternating outputs

Robefa

Question

Hi. I have a double switch 2 and I want to configure it so it is impossible to activate both outputs simultaneously. I want it to control a double speed fan with two L inputs (double windings) so when one output is closed and the fan is running at one of the speeds the other output can not be turned ON and vice versa. The fan is connected to a mechanical switch that alternates the L inputs/speeds. I want to automate the Fibaro switch so when I have mechanicly switched the fan ON to low speed and the humidity goes above a set treshold in Athom Homey the Fibaro switch sets it to high speed (Q2 is ON and at the same time shuts off Q1). I know this can be done in a Homey Flow -then: turn off and turn on but I want it to be fail safe, a function inside the Fibaro switch

is this possible with this switch?

2 answers to this question

I know the fibaro double smart module has this setting. As far as I know the double switch does not.

Not sure if the voltage of your devices will play nice with the double smart - maybe? But if not, I guess you're just two basic relays away from what you need?

• Inquirer
  • Made a fail safe flow in homey. Trigger- turns off outputs - then runs a fail safe flow. The fail safe flow triggers one output only if all outputs are off/open. Works. 

And if Q1 is on Q2 turns off and oposite. Seperate flow. It works, no fuses gone yet ?