Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problems with adding Fakro ARZ Z-wave roller shutters and Fakro ZRH12 remote to Fibaro Home Center 2

Anya

Question

Hi everyone!

I have Fibaro Home Center 2, Fakro ARZ Z-wave roller shutters (3 of them) and Fakro ZRH12 Z-wave remote control.

I want to be able to controll all 3 roller shutters with Fibaro Home Center 2.

As far as I have understood firstly I need to add all 3 roller shutters to Fakro ZRH12 remote control, so they can be controlled by the remote.

I am confused what to do next:

- I tried adding Remote control ZRH12 to Home Center 2 using the following procedure: setting Home Center 2 into "Add new device" mode and setting the remote control to "Ln" mode (Adding as secondary controller). The remote successfuly added to Home Center 2 but I can only see it shown as the device with the "remote control" sign and it has no functionality (no buttons, no on/off, no up and down signs, nothing). If I try to use the phisical remote to control the shutters (as I did at the beginning) I cannot access them through it as well. 

It seems that all the roller shutters are deleted from the remote after adding the remote to Home Center 2.

I also tried to add roller shutters to groups before adding remote to the Home Center 2 but still I can't access the roller shutters through Home Center 2 after adding the remote to it.

Can somebody help me, what is the proper procedure of adding the roller shutters to Fibaro Home Center 2, and do I need that ZRH12 remote controll at all? Maybe it is possible to add the roller shutters directly to home center 2, without using remote control? 

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • On 2/14/2021 at 2:17 PM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Anya,

please check this topic:

Hi @Sankotronic ! Thank you for the hint, I have already checked this topic and couldn't find solution that will work for me. 

I did as adviced:

1) add Fakro remote to Z-wave network (to HC2 as a secondary not primary) by setting the remote to Ln mode (I guess it means) "Learn mode".

That is done and I can not do anything with the remote after that: device is added as the remote to HC2, but not configured and it has no functionality (I expected that it might look like Fibaro Roller Shutter with up/down buttons, but no, just the image of the remote and notification: device is not configured)

2) the second advice on the above topic is:

"then you need to prepare assosiations groups properly to the channels (groups). To reflect that in the remote I have run "Listening mode" in ZRH12 to force remote to learn assosiate groups from fibaro."

- I am stuck at this point, because neither my roller shutters nor my remote are connected to Fibaro HC2 properly and the remote doesn't control the Fakro shutters as well after being connected to HC2. I mean, on the topic they alredy have their roller shutters added to Fibaro HC2. 

As I have understood the question of the above topic is to use the remote as the remote for fibaro roller shutters 3. There is no Fakro roller shutters in their case. In my case I want to:

1) know if Fakro roller shutters could be added to HC2 WITHOUT using Fakro remote;

if it is not possible, then

2) add Fakro roller shutters to HC2 WITH the help of the remote but after that I want to control Fakro roller shutters with fibaro app (WITHOUT using the remote).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for help anyway :) 

Edited by Anya

Hi @Anya,

From your post I can see that you try to connect Fakro remote controller to HC2, but have you connected Fakro ARZ roller shutters to HC2?

According to Fibaro compatibility list that you can find here:

Please login or register to see this link.

you should be able to connect them to HC2 and control them with HC2 and NOT to ZHR12.

Also you need to connect Fakro ZHR12 to HC2 as slave remote. After that you should still be able to add associations between ZHR12 and ARZ roller shutters to enable direct control as it is suggested on above link to another topic.

To summarize, you need to do:

1) Add each ARZ roller shutter to HC2

2) Add ZHR12 to HC2 as secondary controller

3) Put ZHR12 to listening mode to get associations groups

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 7 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Anya,

From your post I can see that you try to connect Fakro remote controller to HC2, but have you connected Fakro ARZ roller shutters to HC2?

According to Fibaro compatibility list that you can find here:

Please login or register to see this link.

you should be able to connect them to HC2 and control them with HC2 and NOT to ZHR12.

Also you need to connect Fakro ZHR12 to HC2 as slave remote. After that you should still be able to add associations between ZHR12 and ARZ roller shutters to enable direct control as it is suggested on above link to another topic.

To summarize, you need to do:

1) Add each ARZ roller shutter to HC2

2) Add ZHR12 to HC2 as secondary controller

3) Put ZHR12 to listening mode to get associations groups

Yes, yes, yes, you've understood me correctly, that is exactly what i am looking for. So the main problem: I don't know how to add each ARZ roller shutter to HC2. Fakro's ARZ manual says that in order to add the device to controller you need to press "P" button on Roller Shutter for 1 sec. I did that at the beginning (before adding ARZ to remote) -  I set HC2 to "Add new device mode" and then pressed "P" button on the ARZ roller shutter - nothing happens, Fibaro HC2 doesn't see it.   

I also tried pressing "P" button longer, tried pressing it a few times in a row, HC2 doesn't find it.

At least now I know that roller shutters can be added directly to HC2, thank you for the information!

Now I need to find out HOW to add them if just pressing "P" doesn't work.

Hi @Anya,

Before adding ARZ roller shutters to HC2 you first need to remove them from ZHR2 controller. This will reset them and make them available to connect to HC2.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Anya,

Before adding ARZ roller shutters to HC2 you first need to remove them from ZHR2 controller. This will reset them and make them available to connect to HC2.

I understand, I did that at the beginning when ARZ were not added to the remote. HC2 didn't see them.

Then I took the remote and after struggling with the remote I reseted ARZ's. Then I tried adding them directly to HC2 once again and once again nothing.

Now all 3 ARZ are not connected to anything. 

This is what ARZ's manual says, I guess I did everything according to the manual:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

14 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Anya,

I thought about Autoinclusion mode as well, but it is aslo a mistery for me - roller shutters are connected to the electricity, there is no on/off button on them. If I switch on/off electricity in my whole appartment 3 times I don't think it is a way to enter autoinclusion mode in all 3 ARZ roller shutters.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:15 PM, Anya said:

Yes, yes, yes, you've understood me correctly, that is exactly what i am looking for. So the main problem: I don't know how to add each ARZ roller shutter to HC2. Fakro's ARZ manual says that in order to add the device to controller you need to press "P" button on Roller Shutter for 1 sec. I did that at the beginning (before adding ARZ to remote) -  I set HC2 to "Add new device mode" and then pressed "P" button on the ARZ roller shutter - nothing happens, Fibaro HC2 doesn't see it.   

I also tried pressing "P" button longer, tried pressing it a few times in a row, HC2 doesn't find it.

At least now I know that roller shutters can be added directly to HC2, thank you for the information!

Now I need to find out HOW to add them if just pressing "P" doesn't work.

I have mine working as you want.  Shutters connected directly to the hc2 and then voice control via Alexa. I also tried to get the fakro controller connected as a secondary but could not get it to work. It was some time ago but I remember doing the following. Reset every back to factory settings.  Moved the hc2 next to the shutters. Started add new device in the hc2 and then just pressed the p button for 1 second. Seem to remember it took several attempts with one of the shutters. Have 2 connected and it all works most of the time. Occasionally one or both do not close fully.  As a remote control I have programmed a fibaro button.