Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New Energy Pannel - explanations please

Momos

System will do it automatically if you select main energy meter in settings -> general.
Then, summary consumption will be from this device.

PS
There is a known issue here, if you select it then production won't be visible in panel.
Fix is on its way.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Is there a next best for?

- devices with power measurement in Watt

- water 
- ampere/voltage 
- gas

Ad1 actor with interface "power"

Rest, as mentioned before.
You can also use com.fibaro.multilevelSensor if you like, or just com.fibaro.meter. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, I learned a lot from the Energy Panel and reporting devices reading this topic.

I have a question. I'm reading out out smartmeter (with P1) port. For the main energy meter I use the total_kwh consumed.

Because it's a smart meter, it doesn't start as 0 kWh when first using the QA, it starts at 22 MWh. So in my Energy Panel on the day I started testing met QA I consumed 22 MWh power. The future updates are the new readings (which increases the number) and it looks like the Energy Panel calculates the difference between the two data points, so it looks correct.

Q1: Is this correct that at start of a new meter the Energy Panel wants a device with 0 kWh to calculate correctly?

Q2: does the energypanel work with a energy meter that resets at 0 every night?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Joep
Image was not visible.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I have QA for monitoring consumption based on instantaneous power (W). I use the Power sensor type with added virtualEnergyConsumption.
I also had a good experience with the Power meter type.

And I have too the PowerMeter type sensor switched to production mode.
I'm trying to add monitoring of produced energy based on instantaneous power (W) to my QA. I receive data from the meter, the graph in QA turns beautifully green, immediate production is recorded, but the system is unable to calculate the production in the energy panel. I even stuffed the Power and Energy interface into it and always tried to see what would happen. Without any results.
I don't know when this solution will be released, but it would require a similar interface, something like - virtualEnergyProduction.

I wanted to be inspired by some QAs from for example @SmartHomeEddy, but I always ran into the fact that the production is already read in Wh (kWh), so the HC3 doesn't count anything anymore. Eddy,... If I'm wrong, please respond.

Does anyone have a working solution for monitoring production and automatically calculating Wh/kWh from "W/kW"?
I guess I'll have to dig out the original solution, where I did a cumulative sum of the samples, averaged them and wrote them down once an hour. This will work in for production in Wh(kWh).
But surely there will be a more elegant solution.

Thanks, eM.

12 hours ago, Martin_N said:

Eddy,... If I'm wrong, please respond.

I think you are right. And if you don't get kWh reported and only Watt, the only thing you can do is calculate Watt to kWh. 

12 hours ago, Martin_N said:

I even stuffed the Power and Energy interface into it and always tried to see what would happen.

I don't think you should to that, because Michal said:

On 8/3/2021 at 4:57 PM, m.roszak said:

and don't add virtualEnergyConsumption interface to com.fibaro.energyMeters -> this results with conflict and values in the panel stops being updated.

and:

On 8/3/2021 at 4:57 PM, m.roszak said:

PS
And from what I see, even one device created this way results in crash in energy panel calculation algorithm.

2 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

and don't add virtualEnergyConsumption interface to com.fibaro.energyMeters -> this results with conflict and values in the panel stops being updated.

Yes,... that's what I had in mind.
I read the entire thread thoroughly...

I don't have virtualEnergyConsumption twice in the system, com.fibaro.energyMeters I don't have any.
To measure consumption, I use the Power Sensor with added virtualEnergyConsumption, it works beautifully = I get W, it calculates kWh.

I used com.fibaro.powerMeter to measure production and when I didn't get any results, I tried to extend it with a Power interface and tested, then with an Energy interface and tested again. All WITHOUT virtualEnergyConsumption.

Well,... it's also a path,.. a dead end.. and at least it will show others where not to go, at least for now.
Thanks Eddy for the replies, eM.