Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to acknowledge/clear alarms from device HC3 and Yubii

storskogen

Question

Hello

Last night my smoke sensor got crazy.

It detected smoke in the middle of the night.

When I got to the room there was no smoke or smell of smoke and no one had been in the kitchen for several hours. Clearly a "ghost alarm".

To stop the detector from waklng the whole house I removed the battery and now I cant stop it from sending emails and  app notifications.

It sent me 1200 emails during the night and many notifications in the app.

Even tried to powercycle the HC3 tostip it without results.

Plugged in the battery this morning and it still sends emails and notifications, detector is quiet and no visual notifications.

How do I clear the alarm? ?

HC3 v.5080.9

Android Yubii app v1.12.0

FGSD-002

Found something in the app/home center settings (might not be the exact sentence as my app is in Swedish):

Clear Z-wave alarms.

Is this how to clear alarms?

4 answers to this question

I had the same issue some time ago. Removing and putting back the battery didn't work. Then I tried a soft reconfiguration of the device. That also didn't work. A complete reconfiguration of the device solved the problem for me. This removes and adds the device to the Z-Wave network. ID will change, the parameters and settings will be erased.

• Inquirer
  • I put back the battery and held the config button for 3 seconds to get into the meny (white blink) and then pushed the button again to exit the menu. No more notifications after that but not sure if it was 1,2 or 3 (or all of them) that solved the problem ?

1: acknowledge alarm in app

2: put the battery back in the sensor

3: going into the menu.

Hello Storskogen!

I´m also having the same problem when I tested my smoke sensor with a couple of matches.

Managed to stop the sound by demounting the battery but the push notice and email keept going

on and on and on and on!!!!

There must be a way of confirming the alarm in the mobile app or webb interface?

Reg // "Lillskogen"