Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Energy Panel - Consumption/Production

VascoFilipe

Question

Hello,

I've started measuring my 3-phase home energy 4/5 months ago with Aeotec HEM3 Gen5. I've 3 clamps for each phase... My main consumption device during the day is my Swimming Pool along with PH dosing and Chlorine production machines, around 900W of instant power consumption. I used to have something  this:
Phase1: 30W
Phase2: 900W
Phase3: 50W
Total Consumption: 980W

Last week I installed 4 Solar Panels and the production energy started to be injected on Phase 2. I know have the difference between the my consumption and production on Phase2 readings. For instance... If the panel is producing 700W the readings display:
Phase2: 200W
Phase3: 50
Total Consumption: 280W

When I shutdown the swimming pool pump and all other machines I start to have negative readings:
Phase2. -700W
Phase3: 50W
Total Consumption: -620W

My intention is to install a 1 clamp meter right on the Phase that receives the energy provided by the solar panels and set the device on HC3 as a Production. Now come my doubts...

Q1: This device will also register and display negative readings, am I right?

Q2: Will this Production energy be taken in account as energy consumed by my house in the Fibaro Energy Panel? I am asking this because since I installed the Solar Panels, my HEM3 Gen5 started to display only the Grid consumption and not my Total consumption (Grid+Solar).

Q3: Should the Consumption  on the Energy Panel be the Total Consumption (Grid+Solar)? And in this case should I create a sort of Virtual Device (through QA) that adds the abs(production readings) from by 1 clamp meter with the total consumption readings from my 3 clamps to get the Balance value calculated correctly?

Thanks for your help

Edited by VascoFilipe

2 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Is it possible to have any feedback on this or should this question be moved to the FIBARO "System Update > Home Center 3 > Update 5.090" sub-forum since this is a Enery Panel feature related subject?

Thank you

Hope some other users with Aeotec HEM3 Gen5 can answer your question. I just use my Smart Energy Meter, don’t need the clamps. 

• Like 1