Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro radiator valve - The Heat Controller

Neo Andersson

Question

Hi guys, 

I was installing Fibaro radiator heads for my customer, when we realized, how inexplicably awkward is the software that is handling this product.

The shame is on me, becuase I didn't tested it properly before we accepted the order.

Here I want to ask any Fibaro technicians, how could any product developer allow the production of a radiator head, when user is NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE THE SETPOINT PERMANENTLY from the Yubii app, and also USERS DONT HAVE ACCESS TO CLIMATE PLAN IN YUBII APP...

Like this is not a mistake, this is a ridiculous mistake and a huge fault of developers. I just can't explain, how can this happen in a company like Fibaro..

What does that problem mean?

My customer (not a PC oriented person) asked me to create a plan for his house..Day 23 celsius, and night 22 celsius  (what I did, according to his demand)

A few days later he called me, that they are cold , so he wants to put all radiators to 24 celsius permanently for day and night either..just set it to 24 everywhere..

Belive or not, i had to come to the conclusion, that its not possible. User can't set manualy a temperature permanenty..just for certain time period..max 24 hour, than it jumps back to the plan value..

Hold on, this is not the entire story...

As the plan is not reachable from mobile APP, i needed to remotely deactivate the plan for him..i thought this way we can find a workaround...

No...

Even if you don't have a plan, you can't set any value permanently on your radiator..

Example..Lets say, you dont have any cilimate plan, and your radiators are running on 22 celsius..

Later you want to change this permanently to 21 celsius...BUT YOU CANT

You can do it only for max 24 hours...than it jumps back to 22 celsius...

I was thinking, maybe if we set the time to 00h:00min, it will help...

We couln't even try it, becuase in the Yubii app the minimum value is 10 min...

So what was I supposed to do?

Should I told him, that he needs to manualy set all his 18 radiators every single day to the desired temperature?

I would appreciate any suggestions...

Thanks

Edited by Neo Andersson

1 answer to this question

• Inquirer
  • After some tests and research i might need to edit the title to YUBII & FIbaro PC software is unusable for heat controlling.

Update: It is not possible to change setpoint even in the PC interface. It jumps back where it was before.

Tried it with Danfoss heads.

The result is the same, when you have a plan running, but fortunatelly if you deactivate the plan, you can change the setpoint permanently, just set any time value higher than 0, and when the time elapses, than it stays on the desired setpoint. This refers only to Danfoss(POPP) heads, not to Fibaro heads.

Edited by Neo Andersson