Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Radiator controls suddenly going haywire!

Phil coyle

Question

Hi All,

I have had a HC3 setup running for few weeks now.

The only devices on the system are around 30 Devolo radiator controllers. (these are similar to Popp or danfoss controllers)

It has been running ok, then two days ago, a number of them started behaving oddly (6 at the last count), they seem to ignore the schedule and scenes and direct commands, they just remain fully open with temperatures increasing to around 28 degrees and staying there.

I've tried rebooting the hc3 a number of times.

I've tried soft and hard device reconfigurations.

The only success I've had is to manually delete and reinstall the device. I've done this with one device and it seems to be ok after 24 hours.

Can anyone suggest an alternative fix, I don't really want to reinstall 30 devices, especially if it happens again?

Thanks

Phil

16 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Don't know if its relevant or not, or normal, or if its just started or I've only just noticed it!

The system clock on the HC3 is often showing the wrong time. I've tried it on automatic and also manual.

It seems to be losing time sometimes by as much as 30 minutes, then seems to catch up a few hours later?

I've looked at the diagnostics and ram. processor load etc does not seem high to me.

Phil

If you are logged in to the UI and are inactive for a long time, the clock will not be updated.
    This is a shortcoming in the system that should have been corrected a long time ago.
    But it's probably not a problem that keeps the HC3 project manager awake at night.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Thanks 1

@Phil coyle Are the settings visible in the web interface correctly on device tiles according to climate panel and devices just not control temperature correctly?
    Or settings are wrong?

If in interface temperatures are ok then it means that devices got the setting and reported it back, this will suggests issue with the device itself.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The devices are reporting the same as the hc3 interface.

I first thought it was a problem with the device, but there are 8 devices in total all doing the same thing, thought that may be too much of a coincidence.

I have reset all the devices now, ill see what happens next.

Phil

That is strange, are those can report errors on their screen similar to danfoss devices?
    This looks like calibration issue, valve is open even if setpoint is lower than measured temperature.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, that is what seems to be happening.

I've factory reset all the devices and started again to see if I can reproduce the problem.

I'll let you know how it works out over the next week or so.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:47 PM, m.roszak said:

That is strange, are those can report errors on their screen similar to danfoss devices?
    This looks like calibration issue, valve is open even if setpoint is lower than measured temperature.

Hi @Phil coyle@m.roszak,

@Phil coyle, do you check Wake Up Interval settings in Advanced Tab of the device ?

I had situation with Danfoss thermostats few days ago.

I added new Danfoss to HC3 add it to Climate Zone and it works strange - not follow schedule 

Then I saw that Wake Up Interval by default is 0 ( but it was 900 sec in earlier firmwares )

I changed it to 900 sec manually, waked up device pressing a button and all works fine now

@m.roszak, could you please fix "Wake up interval" by default = 900 it in future firmwares  ?

It is set to default value between 600-900s in different firmware revisions.
    If this was 0 then probably device included incorrectly.

I assume that this version have a template?

HI, @m.roszak,

Template in attachment

and in included correctly - near HC3, device configured.

I don't know yet, why wake up interval was 0 by default

will try delete it and add again

• Inquirer
  • Hi 

Please login or register to see this link.

The wake up interval is sett to 900, I check this manually when I install new devices.

Since I reset all the devices the problem has not re-appeared, Its been running fine since then.

Phil

Hi 

My Devolo trv controllers do not have a template.

Could I use the danfoss template?

if so, are there instructions for this somewhere on the site?

Phil

@Phil coyle

Please upload here downloaded template for Devolo trv, we will check it out if the Danfoss template can be applied to those versions :)

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Thanks for that.

I think I have attached it below, 70-com is the devolo TRV controller.

The other attachment, 47-com, is the Popp TRV Controller.

I have 3 of the popp controllers and 33 of the devolo, both look the same physically and look almost the same in the fibaro software.

Main difference, I think, between these two and the Danfoss is that the Danfoss does not report the actual temperature achieved, where the devolo and popp both report set point and actual temperature.

Phil

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I am trying to get some Devolo Thermostats running in my HCL3. The problem is that I cannot enter the preferred temperature directly. I need to create a climate zone for each Thermostat to set a temperature.

I also have some Danfoss Thermostats that are looking similar (same hardware with different firmware). They are working without any problems. 

The Devolos don't use a template, the danfoss do. My downloaded template differs to the one that Phil posted. Could you please check and replace mine with the danfoss one, too? When possible it will be great to keep the temperature sensor of the Devolo alive.

Thanks and regards

Daniel

• Inquirer
  • On 1/3/2022 at 9:58 AM, m.roszak said:

@Phil coyle

Please upload here downloaded template for Devolo trv, we will check it out if the Danfoss template can be applied to those versions :)

Hi,

Has there been any progress on this?

Phil

We tested our piece and worked ok, you you paste some screenshots of the issue?

• Inquirer
  • 30 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

We tested our piece and worked ok, you you paste some screenshots of the issue?

Hi,

The Devolo devices still do not have templates, I wondered when we could expect to see these?

The current issue is that I can no longer turn off the local control of the devices.

The older installations seem to work ok, but the later ones I added do not respond to the option in the advanced tab.

If there was a template for the device I could do it from there.

Regards

Phil

Regarding the initial problem of not being able to control the temperature directly, that is still and issue, I cannot adjust the temperature form the dashboard, I need to go to the climate control to do it, so its a bit cumbersome.

Phil