Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Every x days "Home Center Lost Connection to Fibaro Cloud"

James T Fletcher

Question

Hi all,

I am growing frustrated with HCL as it seems it is continually losing connection, even though the network is active. Trying to access via IP also fails, and the HCL3 shows just a red light. It also doesn't failover to the backup network. When restarted I can reach the device.

I wonder if this is an feature by design when you've reached the limits of the HCL3? I currently have 41 devices and 20 scenes which max out the box.

13 answers to this question

Hi,

It's wifi problem.

I had same problem with Huawei b818 4g router and HC3L.

I connected to another wifi access point (TPLink AX55) and it's been stable some days now.

If you see red light, just check for new wifi networks, HCL with your serial will appear - then you have similar(low wifi signal or doesn't like your access point ) problem.

Hello

We sent this email from Cloud when we lose connection to hub on higher time then 2h

It is situation when we got settings that device use remote access but for some reason is despair. The most common problem is no power, no internet

Looks like HC3L has problem with AX73 and auto channel/bandwidth option enabled. I selected specific channel and bandwidth and now gateway has been working stable for 24 hours. Previously once/twice a day there was connection loss (red light without wifi ap signal). I have dozen devices connected to router and only Fibaro is problematic.

Edited by lecter69

On 2/10/2022 at 3:30 PM, lecter69 said:

Same problem here with my new TP-Link AX73. There was no problem with previous C7.

I have the same problem with the same router. I have to restart HCL manually. 

It happened to me today, but I use TP-Link Deco M4 (AC1200). HC3L firmware version 5.110.15.

The problem still exists. After several days HC3L loses wifi connection - red led is blinking (internet connection, router, and all other network devices are fine at all the time). Restarting HC3L or router helps for another several days. My router: TP-Link Archer C8.

Edit:

Hint for Fibaro engineers: as suggested by lecter69, it could be related to auto channel/bandwidth. When I change channel in router settings then HC3L immediately loses wifi connection and cannot reconnect. After restarting HC3L the connection is fine. This is just a workaround, HC3L still has the issue with wifi networks with dynamic channel/bandwidth!

Edit2:

Even with fixed channel and bandwidth HC3L lost connection with wifi :(

Edit3:

With fixed channel and channel width set to 20MHz the connection is stable for two weeks now.

Edited by garfi
Added hint for Fibaro engineers

On 5/15/2022 at 11:52 PM, garfi said:

The problem still exists. After several days HC3L loses wifi connection - red led is blinking (internet connection, router, and all other network devices are fine at all the time). Restarting HC3L or router helps for another several days. My router: TP-Link Archer C8.

Edit:

Hint for Fibaro engineers: as suggested by lecter69, it could be related to auto channel/bandwidth. When I change channel in router settings then HC3L immediately loses wifi connection and cannot reconnect. After restarting HC3L the connection is fine. This is just a workaround, HC3L still has the issue with wifi networks with dynamic channel/bandwidth!

Edit2:

Even with fixed channel and bandwidth HC3L lost connection with wifi :(

Edit3:

With fixed channel and channel width set to 20MHz the connection is stable for two weeks now.

I had a lot of problems with HC3L and the WIFI, dynamic channel, 2,4 GHz & 5 GHz networks with the same SSID, etc, other devices were working correctly except for the HC3L.

My solution was to create a specific network for the HC3L on 2.4 GHz without hiding the SSID and without anything dynamic.

• Like 1

Same issue here in one of our project where we have HC3 and HC3L in Master slave set up. 

HC3L can't keep the wifi connected 1 signal day and need a reboot once it drops the Mesh wifi signal which is just placed near to it like 1 feet apart. 

Only way to recover it to reboot. Surprisingly it tries to catches and connect the Mesh wifi located far for it and not the nearby one. 

We have tried all the wifi settings differently creating a priority list and providing a static IP to HUb and routers but no luck. 

Not sure when Fibaro is going to fix this. Our customers keep complaining about this issue and we have no other way but to wait for the patch upgrade. :( 

• Like 2

We also have to face the problem of lost connection. Solid red light comes on in hc3L anytime 2-4 days. After that again we do not get access through ip or through app. In the end, we have to turn off the home center and turn it on. Then we get access. If any of you have any solution please let me know.

Solution is to switch to LAN connection, you need two devices:

Please login or register to see this link.

(Y ADAPTER OTG HOST Micro USB )

Please login or register to see this link.

(Ugreen CR110)

If you connect this LAN option will be unlocked.

Edited by lecter69
  • Like 1

Thanks @lecter69, I had exactly the same problem. The system was stable for many months and suddenly started to disconnect every now and then. I have tried to restart, reset the connection, change the settings of my wifi, connect to another wifi, but none of this solved the issue. It was remarkable, because all other wifi devices in my network worked without any problem. So now in the end I have bought the micro-USB Y-cable + a micro-USB to LAN connector. Problem solved for once and always (I hope). I find it anyhow strange that Fibaro supplies this device without a proper LAN connection. 

Edited by JEL