Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller shutter association Group 1 - 1x click doesn't work - FIBARO DEVELOPERS CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

Neo Andersson

Question

Hi guys

We are struggling with Fibaro RS3 almost a year. We couldn't get any remote controller working properly. I have tried everything. Wrote to support, wrote mails to some other Fibaro users, searched all the forums...No help at all.

I am going to try put here another topic about this.

The problem is, FIbaro RS3 doesn't react to remote controller 1x click button press of Group 1. (The UP button). First we tried with Aeotec remote controller, then with walli switch and now with Fakro remote, and everywhere the same.

Pressing 1x the Up button should Open the shutter entirely. - THIS DOESNT WORK. SHUTTER DOESNT REACT

Holding the Up button should move shutter up until I hold the button. - THIS WORKS

Pressing 1x the Down button should Close the shutter entirely. - THIS WORKS

Holding the Down button should move the shutter down until I hold the button. - THIS WORKS

I would be immensly thankfull for anyone who can suggest some solution, ot at least confirm that this is a known bug of Fibaro. (I think it can't be anything else but a Fibaro BUG)

Dear Fibaro developers, please help us poor mortals.

Thanks

PI

Just to be completly precise: The up button 1x works if the shutter is completly closed..In any other position it doestn work.

Edited by Neo Andersson

I have forwarded this to our team responsible for FGR223.

I will let you know when we will know something.

• Like 1

Hello Neo, thank you for message.

We have checked the described situation in our environment based on Walli Switch and Roller Shutter 3.

You have two ways to controll RS3 by other device:

1. Add both devices to gateway and setup proper scene
  2. By the assotiations between e.g. Walli Switch and Roller Shutter 3

You've chosen second way, so you have to know it's important to properly set the values in parameters relating to assotiations.

So if you used Walli Switch 1st channel to controll other devices by assotiations you have to look into parameter no 156. Default value is 255 (0xFF). That means the command sended to RS3 will be "go to the last memorized position other than zero". So when your RS3 has position different than 0, the command will do nothing (because last memorized position other than zero is current position).

You can use values:

0 - to fully close

99- to fully open

1-98 - to set opening level different than 0 and 99

255 - to go to memorized position other than zero

The solution in that case would be to change Walli Switch parameters values as in table below.

Please login or register to see this image.

Please try this configuration and let us know if it works as you want to.

In addition, if you have any other observations or suggestions about the devices, functionalities or overall system, pls feel free to contact us.

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Michał Sz said:

Hello Neo, thank you for message.

We have checked the described situation in our environment based on Walli Switch and Roller Shutter 3.

You have two ways to controll RS3 by other device:

1. Add both devices to gateway and setup proper scene
    2. By the assotiations between e.g. Walli Switch and Roller Shutter 3

You've chosen second way, so you have to know it's important to properly set the values in parameters relating to assotiations.

So if you used Walli Switch 1st channel to controll other devices by assotiations you have to look into parameter no 156. Default value is 255 (0xFF). That means the command sended to RS3 will be "go to the last memorized position other than zero". So when your RS3 has position different than 0, the command will do nothing (because last memorized position other than zero is current position).

You can use values:

0 - to fully close

99- to fully open

1-98 - to set opening level different than 0 and 99

255 - to go to memorized position other than zero

The solution in that case would be to change Walli Switch parameters values as in table below.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please try this configuration and let us know if it works as you want to.

In addition, if you have any other observations or suggestions about the devices, functionalities or overall system, pls feel free to contact us.

Hello Michal

The image is not working..cant download it, cant open it

PLease check it..

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • Dear Michal

If you want to go for scenes, you can't make it work properly. I have made a QA what is handling it by event listening, but its not the best solution. The problem is with scenes, that you can't get an info if the roller is moving or not. So if you want to make a button that will go up for 1x press and on second press it will stop (as usually this is how roller remotes work) you can't do it, as we don't know if the roller is moving or not. There is an option to

check the power consumption but it is too slow, and inaccurate. So using scenes is not a solution. There are quite a few limits. Also it would be really cumbersome to make dozens of scenes every time we do an installation..

Thats why we tried to use associations.

But I dont really understand what you say.

I am attaching you a picture showing what kind of remotes we tried. All of them are doing the same in FIbaro...I am pretty sure that this is a bad settings of Fibaro module.. 

I dont understand what you suggest..Your picure can't be seen..

I should set up a parameter of remote controller ?  I wrote, that I should look at parameters...How??? there are no parameters at all..

Attaching pictures

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • I tried to change the parameter 156 manually to value 99 you suggested..

Nothing has changed. Everything is the same.

• Inquirer
  • Is there anyone in Fibaro or in the whole world who can make this work finally?

I have spent like 1000 euros just for buying other brands of remote controllers, and all of them behave the same..

2 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

1000 euros

Is there anyone ... in the whole world who can make this work finally?

sure, but i could write new firmware for these remotes you already have, however not all of them can be updated over OTA.

I think cheaper for you will be to buy remote, which support more than just "send 255 when on", Heatit / Sunricher Z-Push 2/4/8 does not support this (yes, you don't see any parameters, i know however that there are some hidden, but nothing to change the value sent).

You could take FIBARO Walli Controller, it will work in "Venetian blinds Step-By-Step Controller" Mode.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_01/image.png.1959c42f0df45c9e8e9353b7c7cffc8b.png" />

FIBARO Keyfob will do the job:

image.png.8cf247b7b394d08595ea7ba1e4347fd5.png

None of current Heait Controller will work, not the old you have nor the new one Z-Push.

The EOL Heatit / Logic Home ZHC5002 can send everything one wish, but it's EOL and expensive.

The Logic Home Matrix Controller can do the job as well

image.png.95dea1aff66e26155a9373592c5d708d.png

I would normally bet that Fakro remotes should do the job as well, but they bit tricky in config (via buttons).

Edited by tinman
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Dear Tinman

Thanks a lot for your answer..

How sad...

I had to wait almost a year, spend a lot of money to finaly get the answer:  "IT WILL NOT WORK"

I have asked regional distributor, sent mails to Fibaro, to Heatit to Sunriche...

I made pictures, videos, i tried every possible way...

From Fibaro I got the answer half a year ago, that I probably set incorrectly the parameters of remote.. Thats all. They knew that its a Heatit remote, but noone told me that its not working with Fibaro..I am just wondering, how can be a person doing a support wihtout the neccesary knowledge...

No one told me " Hey stupid guy, dont struggle with Heatit, or Sunriche as they wont work"..no..nobody told..not even the seller, not Fibaro, not Heatit, not Sunriche, no one

The only party that was really trying to help was from Heatit, but they didn't understand why isn't this working..They also tried to contact Fibaro, but no success..

This is really sad, and dissapointing..

And the most hilarious is,that for me, the money doesn't count that much..I could go for a more expensive remote controller if I only knew which one is working with Fibaro. But theres no answer, no support, no information..just misleading suggestions from Fibaro...

Tinman, once again, thanks for the real answer and thank for all who wanted to help me, even if they couldn't.

Dear Tinman, just last question

All the brands that you mentioned like EOL Heatit / Logic Home ZHC5002 ,Logic Home Matrix Controller ..these all are walli switches..

Is there any brand of remote controllers that can work with Fibaro and will be fully operational?

Edited by Neo Andersson

you're welcome!

In most cases this kind of question will not get understood, just because the "remote contoller" company you asked does not look on the Fibaro manual, association is working so w-t-f is the customer asking for? 

And for Fibaro support actually similar situation, they know own products (and these can be set to send specific values), so that's why you got the answer "set params on remote". 

I would say the communication between both was not done to the proper level, like @Michał Sz, to understand / answer it properly.

I tried to change the parameter 156 manually to value 99 you suggested..

Nothing has changed. Everything is the same.

on what device?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, tinman said:

you're welcome!

In most cases this kind of question will not get understood, just because the "remote contoller" company you asked does not look on the Fibaro manual, association is working so w-t-f is the customer asking for? 

And for Fibaro support actually similar situation, they know own products (and these can be set to send specific values), so that's why you got the answer "set params on remote". 

I would say the communication between both was not done to the proper level, like @Michał Sz, to understand / answer it properly.

on what device?

It was Sunriche remote controller, but later i learnt from you that this doesnt work. Any hint what brand of remote controller can fully work with Fibaro?

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, tinman said:

you're welcome!

on what device?

It was Sunriche remote controller, but later i learnt from you that this doesnt work. Any hint what brand of remote controller can fully work with Fibaro?

And there is one question spinning in my mind...Why is this set like this in Fibaro roller shutter module? What is the purpose ? Like i could undertsand if it was the case for all buttons, and all scenarios, but its not. The button press for DOWN movement works perfectly...Only the UP 1x. And the DOWN 1x press works from every position. It doesn't need ther shutter to be fully opened to get work..Really strange

2 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

It was Sunriche remote controller, but later i learnt from you that this doesnt work.

the device need to have such parameter, if it doesn't you can just set something, parameters are unique for device/manufacturer/fw/hw version ...

Any hint what brand of remote controller can fully work with Fibaro?

these i posted in my posting above, FIBARO: Walli Controller, Keyfob, Single/DoubleSwitch2, of course RollerShutter, Walli Switch and RS, Smart Implant, Swipe, even The Button can do it,

From other i know (and not EOL) is Logic Home Matrix, afaik none of Sunricher, Heatit, Aeotec products.

And there is one question spinning in my mind...Why is this set like this in Fibaro roller shutter module? What is the purpose ? Like i could undertsand if it was the case for all buttons, and all scenarios, but its not. The button press for DOWN movement works perfectly...Only the UP 1x. And the DOWN 1x press works from every position. It doesn't need ther shutter to be fully opened to get work..Really strange

the motor/shutter have to be between 0 and 99% open (or closed, no matter, it is just % value of the position), the value set via assiociation must be therefore something between 0 and 99. And here is exactly the problem, most of remote controllers send 0 (down button / off) and 255 (up button / on). The 255 is what a e.g. lamp need, so everything ok with the implementation. However, the 255 is for RollerShutter "go to memorized position other than zero".

Down works from any position, because it set value 0, which is always less than any other position (1-99%).

Hold down is actually different thing, becaue the controller send "start" or "stop" level change when you hold it, and "stop level change" when you release it, so these are always valid values.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Yeah I saw the brands you mentioned previously, but i was wondering if you dont know about some remote controllers, not walli controllers.

Thanks

Edited by Neo Andersson

Edit:

Zipato / Philio PSR03 should be capable as well (param 2)

Philio PSR07 (param 2)

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • After all these efforts that i have made to find a f**** remote controller for my f*** roller shutters, i learnt from all those kind people's responses, that this actually wont work with big majority of brands.

However today i recieved an email from Fakro support, where they claim, that this should work with Fibaro.

Everybody involved in this topic suggested me, that except FIbaro keyfob (what is a joke itself), there's not really any devoce that is able to remotelly control my Roller shutters (using RS3 modul)

This is a mail from Fakro..

I am not a big expert of these settings amd whatsoever, so i just hope some experienced user can check this out and tell me, should this work or not..

This is the mail from FAKRO

You press the stop button (the center round) on the ZRH12 remote control and hold. After approx. 3 seconds, "A0" will appear on the display. If you continue to press for approx. 3 seconds, "bA" will appear. With the control key up, you go through the functions, you find a function marked "PS". Select "On" with the button to change channels (side arrow). Then select "- -" with the control key up. The control consists in holding the control key up, selecting the position to which we want to control in the range from 0-99 and confirming it with the stop button.

Coming back to the previous e-mail. Simply adding Fakro devices to Fibaro works very well Fakro ZRH12 does not send the CentralSceneEvent command because it does not have to. Because it is a remote controller, not a scene controller. So it controls the devices directly and does not act as a trigger. Fakro works very well with Multilevel devices. The remote control sends the following commands in "PS" off mode: - short press upwards value: 0xFF - short press down on value: 0x00 The remote control sends the following commands in the "PS" On mode: - depending on the duration of holding the control button up: Switch Multilevel Set 0x00 - 0x99, i.e. to the full extent, exactly the same as Fibaro.

If I tried to set PS to ON, i was able select the percentage that I want my shutters to be opened to. Theres still no solution in the answer how and what to set, that will allow me to open rollershutter on 1x press UP. 

They are stating that in PS Off mode the remote sends on 1x press upwards 0xff what does tha mean?

Big thanks for everybody..

• Like 1

However today i recieved an email from Fakro support, where they claim, that this should work with Fibaro.

i did actually told you "I would normally bet that Fakro remotes should do the job as well, but they bit tricky in config (via buttons)"

Everybody involved in this topic suggested me, that except FIbaro keyfob (what is a joke itself), there's not really any devoce that is able to remotelly control my Roller shutters (using RS3 modul)

keyfob, walli controller, zipato psr03

On 3/18/2022 at 8:41 PM, Neo Andersson said:

Couldnt even incude to the system.

Can you exclude it (that is equivalent to a factory reset), then include... perhaps it was used on another controller?

If everything fails check frequency (region)- see if device and controller match...

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Dear Peter

I have excluded, resetted..nothing..Inclusion doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for you very kind efforts to sort this out, but I am done with this. I have finished the research and struggling with this. Spending hours, days, weeks for nothing. I have no time for this. From now on we will not offer to our customers any remote controller for shutters, gates, garages with Fibaro.

Thanks again

• Inquirer
  • Dear Peter, i finally included the Zipato to the system. First of all this will probably never work with shutters, or at least i dont know how to set it up to the functionality that users want. (1 press goes full range, 1 press hold goes while holdnig)

I was thinking maybe for gates and garages it can work with associations as there is only On/Off functionality is needed. So i hav tried to associate it with my Fibaro implant, that is controlling my garage dppr through button 2.

However i cant see button 2 in associations dropdown selection of Zipato. Any Idea ?