Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SO FRUSTRATED - Can't setup HC3

Anth

Question

Hi,

So I thought - get the new HC3 and upgrade the house but I can't even get past the first stage.

I connected the HC3 and went to find.fibaro.com and connected to the unit.

The first screen was the network configuration so I added a static IP and reserved the IP in my router.

For some reason it had a problem connecting so I thought - no problem - I will remove the reserved IP from the router and do a factory reset of the unit.

Now - its like the whole unit is bricked. The LAN indication is copper so its connected but the internet connection light is red (even though all my other devices are in fact connected to the internet). I go to find.fibaro.com and it says "No home centre found". In my router there is no indication of the unit as a connected device.

So I thought - OK lets setup my Fibaro ID account. No problems - set this up and confirm the email.

I go to the support page to raise a ticket and go to log in (for some reason it doesn't automatically take your credentials from FibaroID). Of course it won't recognise my password THAT I JUST MADE!

So OK - reset password and it says it has sent me an email - um no it didn't.

I don't know what else to do - I feel like I have brought a $1000 plastic brick.

I would really appreciate it if someone from Fibaro could contact me directly as this shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks

Anthony

5 answers to this question

Hi @Anth

If you set a fixed IP address in your router, you should configure your HC3 with DHCP.
How to start up the HC3 and activate DHCP can be seen here...

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for that. Yes I tried all of those options.

I was still unable to connect to the HC3 via the LAN connection however found a link discussing the connection of wifi only and using the finder installer for windows.

Connected to the HC3 wi-fi signal as per the details under the unit

Connected to the device via the windows downloader

updated the firmware

Could complete setup and set static IP along with reserved IP in router.

This allowed me to connect to the HC3 for initial setup. I still could not select my LAN details until I completed the setup via wi-fi. Not sure if this is a common issue but no matter what I did - my LAN light was always on but the  internet connection was always red.

1 hour ago, Anth said:

my LAN light was always on but the  internet connection was always red.

Your HC3 could have been connected in your LAN but not connected to your WAN (internet) by lack of a gateway to the internet. 

I had the same issue with a HC3 a few days ago, when inn the start setup the HC3 did hang in one screen for a few minutes (couldnt click next) so i tought I could just reboot and start over. 

It seems like it got stuck in static ip settings because everytime I held in for 10sec it started to blink yellow (switching too dynamic??), but never switching to static (green lights).

I could only connect too it trought the wifi connection until setup was done. Then i could reconnect the lan and everything was fine... So seems like a bug too me :D ?

• Inquirer
  • 8 hours ago, Brors94 said:

I had the same issue with a HC3 a few days ago, when inn the start setup the HC3 did hang in one screen for a few minutes (couldnt click next) so i tought I could just reboot and start over. 

It seems like it got stuck in static ip settings because everytime I held in for 10sec it started to blink yellow (switching too dynamic??), but never switching to static (green lights).

I could only connect too it trought the wifi connection until setup was done. Then i could reconnect the lan and everything was fine... So seems like a bug too me :D ?

Good to hear (I guess) that I'm not alone in this issue!

Its good that its now up and running OK though still have a few issues. Just need to learn!

• Like 1