Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa Skill don't find any device or scene

Thiago Muniz

Question

Hi,

I have 142 HCL's in my project and 142 Echo dots 3, with 16 devices and 59 scenes.

Some I managed to find all devices and scenes perfectly, but I'm having trouble in the vast majority.

The HCL that worked is exactly the same as the HCL that doesn't work, I've seen that this is an old and recurring problem, my project can stop due to this.

Has anyone managed to resolve this?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Thiago Muniz said:

Hi,

I have 142 HCL's in my project and 142 Echo dots 3, with 16 devices and 59 scenes.

Some I managed to find all devices and scenes perfectly, but I'm having trouble in the vast majority.

The HCL that worked is exactly the same as the HCL that doesn't work, I've seen that this is an old and recurring problem, my project can stop due to this.

Has anyone managed to resolve this?

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, what kind of project is that?

Where do you use 142 echo dots for :)

I already have problems with one alexa in my house :P

1 minute ago, Thiago Muniz said:

It's a big hospital in Brazil, each room has an Alexa.

Ah, interresting. Just for entertaining purposes i assume ?

But to get back to your problem. You write that the HCLs are exactly the same. Perhaps that is where the problem lies, and amazon thinks that the devices and skills are already reported to the other HCL. Is all this running from one amazon account? It might be an idea to split it up on a few accounts. Also maybe there is some kind of limit per account.

So you have a number of home centers that do not pick up the scenes and devices from the echo dots. You will have to share some more information about what you do exactly. Do you think that there is a software difference in your HCLs, making them selective in executing the code? What QA or code do you use?

And do you use the echo dots for zigbee of what purpose ?

And honestly, if I think about it a little longer. Then it all sounds a bit too vague. Who is going to put 142 home centers and echo dots in a room in a hospital? Just come up with a good and clear story first.