Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Get GPS location of device

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello there

As I can not get my geofencing working with HC3 , i want to try it by some LUA code, however, i couldnt find, how can we get a particular device location in LUA (not user, but device).

Doesn anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hi, that's possible via api, e.g. in a QuickApp

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by leegoo
correction

On 4/8/2023 at 6:36 PM, Neo Andersson said:

Hi

This returns users location..i need device

Hi, I am not sure, what device you mean. The above code snippet returns the location of the HC3 device. However, that needs to be set manually before in Settings > General > Location.

If you want to get a mobile end user device or z-wave device location that is a different story. Those are not available via the fibaro api. 

• Inquirer
  • Of course..i am talking about mobile device.

Never mind. This is a never ending story for me..GPS location tracking is unreliable in Fibaro, so we had to find a workaround, that we did by using a third party app and creating a plugin in Fibaro..seems to work so far..

Thanks anyway

the work around I found for the geo fencing bug is to completely remove the Yubii app from the iPhone and install it again and answering every question asked (local network, gps, push etc) wit Yes. Except the one were they ask for tracking, that's always a No

Edited by emielstroeve

That functionality did work 100% with my Iphone.

It stopped working after the last update. I of course tried to remove the App and install it again. It did work but only once and I do not see myself re-installing the App every day.

I have a ticket open at Fibaro since a few weeks but I understand that it goes nowhere.

Edited by Rhoditis