Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Integration with Zwave products

BarbaraL

Question

Can I use any brand with Fibaro Home Center 3/Home Center 3 Lite if the product it's ZWave or there's some problem if it is not at the integrated list?

Edited by BarbaraL

8 answers to this question

@BarbaraL, If device is certified Z-Wave product, then you can use it no problem.

Two further things to consider:

1. Make sure that you buy zwave devices for your region only, as the frequencies vary around the world due to local communications laws. If you buy off a local dealer you will be ok.

2. Some zwave devices may not have templates provided by Fibaro. The devices still work, you may just have to manually enter some advanced parameters.

• Inquirer
  • Posted (edited)

I have tested my product and I know it works with the Ring, Hubtaut and SmartThings, both with Z-Wave integrations. It should have some difference with Fibaro system when using a Z-Wave device?

Thank you in advance for the replies

Edited by BarbaraL

On 6/29/2022 at 11:57 PM, BarbaraL said:

@Tim__ what do you mean with not have template provided by Fibaro?

The template provides the list of parameters for a device (configurable elements such as maximum dimming level, alarm response, auto off timings etc). These show up as "advanced parameters". If you don't need to change any of these then then all good. Otherwise you will need to understand what they are from the device's manual and send the codes manually using the blank fields for that device in the home centre screen. Examples of devices without templates include the Qubino shutter devices and Remotec controller.

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • @Tim__ I already saw this option to send codes manually at Home Center Lite 2 but do you know if this exists in Home Center Lite 3 also? I only see the parameters from the native fibaro products so maybe they be shown differently 

Sorry I am not sure about the HC3 lite.