Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 LUA code for RGBW

zedmeister

Question

Hi,

I'm new to LUA but I am trying to read the current value of R and assign it to B. I basically have 2 white strips and 2 sets of downlights, assigned to the RGBW channels. I want the 2 sets of strips to copy each other and the 2 sets of downlights to copy each other, so if I dim one strip, it mimicks on the other strip and if I dim one set of downlights it mimicks on the other set of downlights. So I want to read the current value of R and assign it to B and read the current state of G and assign it to W.

Thanks in advance!

13 answers to this question

@zedmeister I assume you use push-buttons to dim. Then you can connect them like this and no code is needed for that.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_07/2070591837_R-BG-W.png.936140e92777e04866dad435d19fbda5.png" />

• Inquirer
  • Hi, I already have the hardware configured like this, but it does not take care of the soft button side on the app, web interface, etc. For that I need a scene as I believe you cannot do associations on the same device, has to be 2 separate devices.

No affiliation and haven't tested it but there is a quick app here that appears to do what you want

Please login or register to see this link.

8 hours ago, Tim__ said:

No affiliation and haven't tested it but there is a quick app here that appears to do what you want

Lets tag him :) - I have some questions to about his qa.

@morpheus75

Hello, you can achieve it with this method.

Switches (a group of switches)
    Advanced and complex smart homes often consist of many switches placed within close areas which we want to control at once. Instead of making a scene which will coordinate the operation of all switches, we can group switches into one Linked Device, so all selected device will follow the actions of the “Master Device”.

The Linked Device may act as a device of a few types:

RGBW Controller – linked devices follow parameters such as brightness, color, and power state.

Binary switch – linked devices follow the power state of the master device (appropriate for simple switches, smart plugs).

Color controller – linked devices follow color parameters of the master device.

Multilevel switch – linked devices follow the voltage output of the master device (appropriate for Dimmers).

Creating Switches (grouping)

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • @MarianoMartin93You are an absolute genius! Thanks so much - I had coded it in a scene and it was working well but this method is simplicity itself!

Also many thanks to @morpheus75 for his help getting my RBGW config correct (input/output) so I had 4 individual switches and he also helped me to code the scene.

Edited by zedmeister
    • Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 7:36 AM, ppeterr said:

Lets tag him :) - I have some questions to about his qa.

@morpheus75

Sorry i have just logged onto forum now and seen the notifcations. for some reason never got the email.

@zedmeister contacted me via email.

I suggest in future if an urgent query please do.

@ppeterr what would you like to know?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

Sorry i have just logged onto forum now and seen the notifcations. for some reason never got the email.

@zedmeister contacted me via email.

I suggest in future if an urgent query please do.

@ppeterr what would you like to know?

Thanks

Hey man, its not urgent. Just wanted to ask you something about your sych qa.

I have something alike running. Wich is OK. But not super.

Does your quickapp read out the color/brightness state of a device from the api 

and sends those value's to the other devices?

Or does it set the value's in one go to them all?

What i do at the moment. I read out the color settings from a Hue lamp, it gives

me RGB value's and a brightness. Set those value's in variable's, and use those to 

set another LED strip (rgb controller, not Hue) to those settings. 

This works, the led strip follows the color of the Hue lamp. But only when it is turned on. (so only at power up)

I'd like the led strip to follow the color settings anytime it changes. Could your quickapp do that ?

(btw i didnt code it, i am not good at that at all. a friend on this forum coded it for me) 

Edited by ppeterr

hi

yes the quickApp does it when you change the colour and brightness, and when you startup the QA.

The startup colour is White

you set colour and brightness levels. it works on RGBW modules and Hue lamps too.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

hi

yes the quickApp does it when you change the colour and brightness, and when you startup the QA.

The startup colour is White

you set colour and brightness levels. it works on RGBW modules and Hue lamps too.

Thanks

Aha, so just to be sure. You change the color in the quickapp. And the rest follows ?

4 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

Aha, so just to be sure. You change the color in the quickapp. And the rest follows ?

best to see the video here:

it should start at the RGBW sync section

• Like 1

Thats an excellent video. I think it will not work for me as explained in the video.

I control scene's with a icasa wall controller, colors are set through the phillips hub with touchlink.

So, i really need to read out the status from a Hue lamp when this is set with the wall controller.

And use that, to set the other led strip to those value's.

Thanks for your time, you do wonderfull things! 

I love your kitchen setup :)

3 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

Thats an excellent video. I think it will not work for me as explained in the video.

I control scene's with a icasa wall controller, colors are set through the phillips hub with touchlink.

So, i really need to read out the status from a Hue lamp when this is set with the wall controller.

And use that, to set the other led strip to those value's.

Thanks for your time, you do wonderfull things! 

I love your kitchen setup :)

no problem. this QA works directly on the devices and not through any other hub.