Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Anyone any help please?

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello guys,

I have opened a topic about this question, but seems that noone know any answer, or maybe it is completely impossible, but i give it another try..

If anyone can tell me, how can we deliver out QA to customers HC3, it our QA has some custom icons, that are changin dynamically by the device state.

So if we call the function fibaro.call(deviceId, "setDeviceIcon", "somefilename"), it will do the job, becuase we can find, what is the iconfilename onn out pc. Its usually a number..(like 1095.jpg)..

But when we deliver our QA to customer, how can our QA know, what filename will the icon have on his hc3? 

Is it even possible to do it? Can we write a code that will dynamically change a QA device's icon even after we delivered the QA to another HC3 (or pc)?

Thanks a lot for any help

5 answers to this question

Hi Neo,
unfortunately, I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder if it's possible, because the number of the icon changes every time a new icon is inserted, and it can be a different number for each user. Since you have also included a set of icons with QA, please expand the documentation with a description of which device the customer uploads which icon to manually.

P.S. zdravim "bratra-brata" :)

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Martin_N said:

Hi Neo,
    unfortunately, I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder if it's possible, because the number of the icon changes every time a new icon is inserted, and it can be a different number for each user. Since you have also included a set of icons with QA, please expand the documentation with a description of which device the customer uploads which icon to manually.

P.S. zdravim "bratra-brata" :)

Hey, puting the info into documentation would be a good solution, but unfortunatelly it wouldn help. User cen select the icon that i send with the QA, but in the LUA code, there will be differente numbers of icons, so the program can not dynamically change it, because numbers will be different. Anyway diky za pomoc..

Hi @Neo Andersson ,

For now I have made only few QA. What I do is use QA local variables so I don't have to change code, but just setup icon ID's after installation:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Hope this helps

• Inquirer
  • 13 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Neo Andersson ,

For now I have made only few QA. What I do is use QA local variables so I don't have to change code, but just setup icon ID's after installation:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion...I tried to avoid having user to change anything in QA...thanks anyway

It is possible to upload an icons from external server and assign it to QA parent or its childs.
    We prepared a method for that.

Documentation on manuals.fibaro.com will soon be available.     

• Like 4