Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Energy Panel issues in HC3

fuser99

Question

Hello,

Looks like there are some issues regarding the energy panel and energy calculations in FIbaro HC3. I use software version 5.120.10. I don't know if this problem is present in the previous versions.

1 .First, there is a big difference about how Fibaro Energy calculates instant consumption in Energy Panel and "Whole House" Power measurement. Please see capture /capture1-engy-panel and capture 2. The values should be identical - the correct consumption is the one from "Whole House". I don't understand why the value from Energy Panel is calculated. This wrong calculation is present when there is no main meter in the system.

2. Energy Panel history can't be cleared/deleted. I tried the following: Energy Panel->Panel Settings->History->I selected the date range and selected All, then Clear and Clear. I got message that "Historical data request was completed successfully." but the history is still there (capture 3). I even tried using api and still is not cleared.

Can somebody take a look into this, please?

Many thanks in advance.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by fuser99

10 answers to this question

Watts is not kWh.

You can't compare them 1:1.
Summary Energy Consumption is based on kWh reported by the devices in the system when no main energy meter is set.
It uses positive deltas of the reports and accumulates them.

Summary Power Consumption is based on Watts, so instantaneous power reading - it just a sum of all Watts reported in this specific moment from all devices reporting it.

As for the different value in Whole Home summary view and value on the carousel, I will forward this to person responsible for the app.
The value on the top on the carousel is correct one.

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Watts is not kWh.

You can't compare them 1:1.
    Summary Energy Consumption is based on kWh reported by the devices in the system when no main energy meter is set.
    It uses positive deltas of the reports and accumulates them.

Summary Power Consumption is based on Watts, so instantaneous power reading - it just a sum of all Watts reported in this specific moment from all devices reporting it.

As for the different value in Whole Home summary view and value on the carousel, I will forward this to person responsible for the app.
    The value on the top on the carousel is correct one.

Thank you for reply but I think I was not very clear. I will try to explain again.

The issue was not Energy Summary usage, the issue was that Current Power usage (W) (instantaneous) in Energy Panel is not the same is the Current Power usage (instantaneous) from "Whole House". It should be the same because it should use the same reports/devices/data. The real instantaneous usage was the one from the "Whole House" - measured with external devices.

I don't think the problem is with the app but with the Energy panel. It calculates the current power usage wrong - looks like is counting Fibaro Switches and Relays multiple times. So, the value in the carousel for instantaneous usage is not correct - is much greater than real instantaneous usage.

The last capture was regarding the history in the Energy Panel that can't be cleared/deleted.

Ok, understood. 
    I think that I know what the problem is - I will keep you posted. 

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Ok, understood. 
    I think that I know what the problem is - I will keep you posted. 

I really appreciate what you have done and you still do for this community.

Thank you!

Guest MrDTS

Hi

in the old app you saw more energy consumption from a fibaro wall plug like Day,month, year, but in the new app you only see the consumption ? I have the HC2.

Hello, i have issue, so many kWh from "other" group, keeping after cleared/deleted history... I'm in last rev of HC3 firmware and Aeotec Hme Energy Meter too.

Edited by Baptiste

I have three Walli Roller Shutter, and two Walli Dimmer, but all Z Wave device have been reset meter in HC3... 

Yes, i have already test to disable energy panel for all device, but it's no effect, i have one QuickApps, YR Weather.

Edited by Baptiste