Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hvac integration into fibaro

Invictushome

Question

Hi all, can someone please guide me how to integrate any hvac system into fibaro with 2 way communications system and without pmselling a kidney ti make it happen.

I am mainky intrested in split system A/C.

IR blast is not an option as we can have only one way communication.

Please your help is highly appreciated

Lee.

4 answers to this question

@Invictushome

ANY HVAC?????
Be more specific.
Try using Intesis modules.
If you want to dive deeper into the issue, you can write your own QA for Modbus/TCP, or there is a Modbus over HTTP REST API solution.
It won't cost much...certainly not a kidney.
Maybe the liver :) (and you start tuning it and start drinking)

• Inquirer
  • @Martin_N

Thank you for your reply.i am aware on Intesis, coolautomation and aidoo, but i'm pretty sure that not all AC can communicate modbus or even http over TCP.

I have a problem especially with the small split system where i can only so far being able to communicate via IR, and this is only one way communication. I'm lokking for a two way communication for at least the feedback.

Attached is a sample image of one of split system that need to be able to control.

Thx again for you reply.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@Invictushome

Sorry... the pictures are on...

Find out the type and write it here. The best thing to do is to start looking for the communication protocols that your device manufacturer knows. Most devices can somehow communicate, you need an additional card that costs half of your device.
    And if the manufacturer doesn't have a rear option, you're left with nothing but unidirectional IR.
    I don't know what exactly you want to do with the settings, but most integrated IR devices are already at a good level and can be relied on to send the required command to the HVAC control room.

haven't tested it, but there is interessting device from Airzone, it is z-wave HVAC controller

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by tinman