Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Error uploading .fbi file (HC3)

Thiago Muniz

Question

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to upload from one HC3 to another, but I get an upload error.

Both controller are on version 5.120.10.

I need to do this procedure on 127 HC3.

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Thiago Muniz said:

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to upload from one HC3 to another, but I get an upload error.

Both controller are on version 5.120.10.

I need to do this procedure on 127 HC3.

This is not possible, partly because the ZWave ID is stored in the backup file and it has to be different for each device.

So restoring a backup always works on the same device.

@Thiago Muniz

Hi. I understand your request so that you want to prepare a sample smart home configuration and copy it to other development projects.
Well, as already said, restoring from a backup will only work on the same ID. Considering the amount of planned HC volume and additional hw, I recommend contacting Fibaro directly. You are not a small customer and you will definitely find a way and conditions to solve your request.
Anyway,.. due to the fact that you have to connect the concrete Z-wave elements directly to the concrete HC, transferring the configuration doesn't really make much sense. Actually, there is not much to migrate, because everything will be valid for the specific household.

• Inquirer
  • Hello guys,

Thanks for the answers.

Now I have direct access to Nice/Fibaro, I questioned them and we were able to do a test, and we will do another one in a bigger scale of scenes.What I need is agility, and making a clone of the scenes from an HC3 to a 127 helps a lot, because I work with hospitals, so there are several HC3s per hospital.

About device IDs, I remove all devices from the donor HC3 before transferring the backup to the other HC3s, we transfer only the scenes and quickapps.

In all HC3s that received the backup transfer, we added the double switches corresponding to its location. So, all 127 HC3s are the same, but each one will have 10 different double switches.

But it's still a testing phase due to being the first project with HC3 on this scale, in other projects we use HC2 Lite.

I'll let you know as we progress on this project.

Tks

Edited by Thiago Muniz
    add info
    • Like 1